𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦

[ any reader ]

You trudge through the front door and into the spacious living room, placing the box with the others. Pretty much all of the contents belongs to you. Karl had nothing he wanted to bring from the village, and that was before Chris rudely blew up his factory.

"I did not imagine moving into a new house would take this much work." Your hands find your hips.

"We wouldn't be in this mess if that boulder punching asshole didn't blow up my damn factory." Karl grumbles. You chuckle and step aside, clearing the way for the last few boxes that are floating in on some scrap metal.

"You building a new factory with a wave of your hand is starting to sound way more appealing than it did a few weeks ago."

"The offer still stands." He leans against the doorframe, folding his arms over his chest.

You sigh. "No, we brought this place. Gotta commit." He hums and wraps an arm around your shoulders, placing a kiss to your forehead. You lean into him and take a look at the empty rooms and bare walls.

"I'm gonna die from the heat." You slouch against the fireplace, fanning your flushed face with your hand to no avail. The fan twists back to face you, the cool breeze pulling a low hum from your throat.

"Well, you are pretty hot."

"Oh shut up." You laugh softly. He flashes you his heart-stopping smile and wills the hammer to float. "With your powers we'll be done in no time."

"I'd rather be pounding you against the wall." He admits shamelessly as the nail is jabbed into the white wall.

"Maybe when you're finished."

You turn your head when the hammer moves at a faster pace to hasten the process. You shake your head in amusement, beginning to hang up the pictures and paintings.

Knelt in the grass with your hands covered in dirt from arranging your plants, you close one eye under the scorching sun as something hits your forehead. The flower lands in your palm, Karl grinning from ear to ear like a child.

"But why?"

"Because you're hot."

"Oh my god." You murmur, continuing to organise the garden to your liking. A few minutes pass by and another flower hits your forehead.

"Love you." He grins slyly.

A little while later and you have finished placing the plant pots where they belong. You brush your hands together and admire your work, checking on your man who is building himself an odd looking scarecrow from metal he found at a scrap yard.

His brows scrunch when something hits his chest, instinctively catching the flower and sending you a quizzical look.

"Love you too." You smile when his eyes light up.

Karl rests his forearm against the wall, glancing down at you when you join him to stare proudly at your fully decorated home. The furniture is placed exactly how you both wanted it, and the decor is simple since neither of you have many belongings.

"What d'ya think?" You beam up at him, noticing how he was already looking at you.

"I think I'm the luckiest guy on the planet." You blush and lace your fingers with his, pressing your cheek to his shoulder. He kisses your forehead.

"We have a home."

"You make it a home."

"No," you lift your head, "I was gonna say that. You stole my line!" He stares at you in complete awe, smiling absentmindedly. "Line stealer." You poke his chest. He hums and scoops you up, enjoying your laughter.

You return to the bedroom humming away to yourself, adjusting the metal bracelet Karl crafted for you when you first met. His eyes follow you as you wander around the room, stopping by your bedside table to switch on your lamp.

You miss the stupid smirk he wears as you climb into bed, reaching out for your favourite book. His large hand rests on your bare thigh, lazy patterns being traced along your soft skin.

"You know..."

"Hm?" You hum softly, lifting your head to let him know you're listening.

"In many ways, I am that lamp."

"Because you're the light of my life?" You answer cutely, draping a hand over his warm one.

"Because you turn me on."

Your eyes fly up from the page. Nodding to yourself, you slap the book shut and throw it somewhere to your right, earning a low growl when you straddle his hips.

"[Y/n]?" He grumbles after descending the stairs to find you in the living room. "What are you doing? It's three in the mornin'."

"I'm dancing!" You shout over the music, though he can clearly see that with his gorgeous eyes.

"Why?"

"Because I can! We don't have to worry about anything anymore. We don't have to worry about building an army, or pesky humans, or Bitchranda. We're free. We can live our lives the way we want! I have you and you have me. I'm too happy to sleep."

"Fuck it." He takes your hand to twirl you around, not realising how widely he's smiling until his cheeks begin to ache. You squeal and giggle when he pulls you into him and dips you down.