𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥

[ any reader ]

"Shit," you curse under your breath, returning your stained hand back over your side to cover the wound. Each step a little more wobbly than the previous.

Eventually, you make it to the blurry castle and force the large door open with your body weight. Taking one step over the threshold, your knees buckle and you collapse in the entranceway.

"Wait." Daniela turns her head.

"You smell that?" Bela inhales.

Cassandra's face drops. "It's [Y/n]."

Bugs swarm the staircase, each vampire hissing at the cool air washing in through the open door. Bela materialises behind it and gives it a rough kick.

"[Y/n]!" Cassandra yells and crouches beside you. "Blood. So much blood. Why is she bleeding? Who did this?"

"I'll get Mother." Daniela informs.

"I've got her." Bela speaks softly. Cassandra sits back on her heels, allowing her sister to lift you up and swiftly bring you to the nearest bedroom. With a frown, she stares down at her hands that are painted with your blood.

-

When you awaken, you find yourself laying comfortably in bed with candles flickering around you. Warm, orange hues rolling through the bedroom that you survey, attempting to lift your head and groaning faintly.

"Don't move." You look up at Bela who leaves the window to perch on the edge beside you. "Shouldn't take you too long to heal, but you're not quite there yet."

"I should've been more careful."

"Care to tell me how this happened?"

"I was just walking back to the castle. I didn't even go very far, like I promised. This guy," you shake your head, "he came out of nowhere. I tried to calm him down but..." you both glimpse your body hidden by the covers.

"You gave us all a fright. Cass more than me and Daniela."

Looking across the room, your brows furrow at the latter who is curled up in the armchair. Whenever you get hurt, no matter how small the injury may be, they refuse to leave your side until you are fully healed.

"Where is she?"

"With Mother. Things became a little chaotic around here."

"Is she okay? I need to see her." You attempt to sit up but your arms immediately give way beneath you. Feeling your head land on the pillows again, you take a deep breath.

"I'll let her know you're awake."

"Thanks," you murmur. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare any of you."

"I'm just glad you're okay. I don't know what we'd do if Cassandra lost her favourite pet." Bela offers a playful smile on her way out of the room. You gaze over at Daniela until a figure appears in the doorway.

"You're awake." Cassandra murmurs, not wanting to wake her sister as she crosses the room. "Are you okay?"

"I am now."

"I thought I was going to lose you."

"Never." You take her hand. "I was just a little clumsy. Didn't mean to frighten you, I'm sorry." She bows her head and you open your arms, letting her carefully lay beside you. Your fingers play with her hair once her head settles on your chest.

"I knew it wasn't safe."

"I knew too, but I'm stubborn."

"I'm never letting you go out there again. At least not without protection. Nor am I ever letting you out of my sight again."

"I'm alright with that."