𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘵

[ any reader ]

While scribbling in the leather journal resting against your thighs, you frown at the odd sound coming from outside of your bedroom. Daniela strolls in and drops the man on the rug, prompting you to lower the fountain pen.

"Do you like it?" She questions with a wide smile.

"It's...it's a dead body." She hums and nods, shifting from her heels to her tiptoes. "You brought me a dead body?"

"I brought you a gift." You blink. "Do you not like it? Is it because it's a man? Would you prefer a woman instead?"

"No no it's—it's definitely the thought that counts. Thank you for my...gift." She nods and beams brightly, floating back through the open door. You stare blankly at the man sprawled across your rug.

"If you haunt me I'll kill you again."

"For you." Daniela presents a chalice.

"Oh, thank you."

You both clink your glasses together and take a sip. While Daniela frowns quizzically at the taste, you let out a muffled squeal and return the crimson liquid to the glass.

"Is that blood?" You wipe your mouth.

"Oh, oops. Sorry." She switches the cups around. Her face drops, "don't be mad."

You shake your head while gulping some of the wine to wash away the metal on your tongue. "Not mad. Just not a fan of blood. You're staring."

"You have..."

When you stare cluelessly, she gently wipes away the spot of blood from the corner of your mouth. Heat spreads through your cheeks when she brings her thumb to her lips.

"Can't let it go to waste." She shrugs cutely.

Having ventured through the village a little longer than intended, you finally return to the castle with a bag full of goodies from your close friend Donna.

Within a few seconds of placing the bag aside and removing your coat, Daniela swoops past with a gasp. "You're so cold!"

"Oh I'm fi—"

Her arms suddenly engulf you in a bear hug and hold you tightly against her. "There," she coos, "you'll be warm again in no time."

"Truthfully I'm fi—"

You're silenced when she shushes you and strokes your hair, even going as far as rocking you side to side. While you have no choice but to relax in her embrace and hug her back, you certainly don't complain. She gives the best hugs.

Restless and unable to rid thoughts of you from her mind, not that she minds, Daniela strolls in the direction of your bedroom, hoping you're still awake. She hears a sniffle and pokes her head around the door. Her brows furrowing as you sniff again and wipe your cheek.

"Why are you crying?" She asks softly.

"Oh," you blink. "It's my book. I get too attached to characters I like. Always hurts when something happens to them, good or bad." You chuckle.

"Are those happy tears?"

"Well, not exactly. My favourite character, she went to—hey. Daniela what—" you kneel on the bed as she casts it into the fireplace. "Why did you do that?" You gently scold.

"It made you sad," she explains with puppy dog eyes.

"I didn't finish reading it. I had one chapter left to read, now I won't know how the story ends." She frowns lightly as you climb off the bed and sit on the bench at the end of it. Hands dropping into your lap.

"Have I made you sad?"

"What? No."

"I can get you a new one." She steps closer, only to twirl around and search the pile of books on your desk. Finding the one she wants she plucks it and holds it up. "This one is good. I've read it many times. There's no sad parts in this one."

"I actually haven't read that one yet."

"I could read it to you if you'd like?"

You can't help but smile. "I'd like that. You know what else I'd like?"

"What?" She sits beside you on the bench, eager to please you because your happiness comes first.

"I'd really like for you to be honest and tell me how you feel."

"You know?"

"Figured out about thirty seconds ago. Burning a book because it made me upset was a bit of a giveaway, even for me and I'm oblivious as hell." Her shoulders sag a little. "You don't have to be nervous around me."

"I'm not." She lies. "I just didn't expect you to figure it out. I thought you'd reject me."

"Now why would I do that?"

She shyly shrugs. "So you like me?"

"I do."

Without warning, she tosses the book onto the floor. "Kiss me." She commands sweetly and cups your face to bring you closer. You squeal in surprise at the sudden kiss, your hands moving on their own to hold her wrists.

When you kiss back, you unknowingly feed into her hunger. She grips your hips and pulls you onto her lap, lowering to your neck where she leaves her mark on your skin.

Since you're both preoccupied neither of you notice Bela discreetly closing your bedroom door. She leans against it, sending Cassandra a look.

"Finally."