𝘼𝙡𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯

[ any reader ]

"Boo!"

"Oh," Alcina chuckles when you pop out from behind the wall. "Hey, you."

"One day I will scare you." You insist, folding your arms.

"I'm sure you will, my dear." She pats your head and strolls past. Your purse your lips and skip after her.

"Where you going?"

"To deal with this wretched human."

"Can I come with?"

"I don't want you to see that side of me."

"But I wanna." She peers sceptically at you and you hold her hand, pacing sideways to look up at her. "Please? You know I could never be frightened of you."

"Alright then, I suppose I will allow it. But just this once. You know I don't like you anywhere near the dungeons."

"Yes!" You grin.

-

You fill your cheeks with air and puff it all back out into the world, still staring up at the twinkling chandelier. Counting each tick of the clock to pass the time, and listening to the crackling fire that is the only source of noise to keep you company.

Alcina finally returns from the family meeting, her anger subsiding when you quickly sit upright with shimmering eyes.

"You're back." You jump up and skip over, wrapping your arms around her legs. She runs her fingers through your hair, smiling down at you when you crane your head back.

"I'm glad to be home. Those fools do so love to talk my ears off."

"So do I."

"Yes, but I could never grow tired of listening to you, angel."

You giggle and take her hand, beginning to lead her over to the fire where she takes a seat beside you, knowing you'll want every detail.

-

"Hello." You poke your head around the door.

"Hello," Alcina chuckles. "I'm a little preoccupied at the moment, dear."

"I know." You trudge over and sit beside the large bathtub, folding your arms on the edge and resting your chin on them. "Was bored."

"And your idea of fun is this?"

"Anything with you is my idea of fun."

"You do know how to make a woman blush."

"I take pride in it."

-

"Dear, what happened?" Alcina frowns as you wander over, slipping off your coat.

"Nothing, just scratched myself while I was at the factory."

"I told you I don't like you going to that place." She sighs and sits you in her lap, wrapping a handkerchief around your hand. "It's far too dangerous. Heisenberg let you walk all this way while injured like this?"

"Neither of us knew. I only just noticed it. It's fine really, it's just a scratch."

"The size of the wound doesn't matter to me, it's the fact that you have it in the first place. Heisenberg should be more careful; he should be keeping an eye on you. Don't tell me he had you carting heavy metal around all morning again."

"He doesn't make me do the heavy lifting. I just help out here and there." You shrug and eyeball the small cut once she removes the handkerchief.

"I'll speak to him. I will not have you coming home like this again."

"Alcina-"

"I will speak to him." You sigh and slouch, staying quiet as she checks the scrape. You probably just caught your hand on your way out or something, who knows.

"I smell something deli-" Bela flickers between you and her mother. "Never mind." She disappears.

-

You almost fall asleep as you are, curled up in Alcina's lap while she plays with your hair and drags her hand up and down your back. When she isn't sipping her wine, she'll gently rock you. Both of you enjoying the peace and quiet.

The sisters whisper to one another, nudging each other's arms or shoulders. The youngest digs her elbow into Cassandra's ribs, earning a sharp inhale and a backhand to the bicep.

"What is it, girls?" They stand up straight when their mother looks away from the crackling fire.

"Mother," Bela side-eyes her sisters, "Daniela killed the human."

"Hey, don't pin this on me."

"You got too excited." Cassandra states.

"We were all excited!"

"Some more than others," murmurs Bela.

"Well," Alcina speaks and they fall silent. "I suppose we'll just have to find you a new one, won't we?" They stand and stare, still awaiting a scolding. "Is there something else?"

"Nope. Thank you, Mother." Daniela answers quickly, urging her sisters to leave the two of you be.

"I see your temper is under control." You peer up at her, catching the fond smile that washes over her painted lips.

"I wonder who is the reason for that." She kisses your forehead. You nuzzle your head against her, letting your eyelids flutter.