𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥

[ any reader ]

Humming away to yourself, you wander through the maze of passageways, narrow walkways and across various bridges, searching the place from top to bottom for your crazy, but loveable, engineer.

Usually, you follow the string of insults uttered in German and the deafening curses, but today it would seem he's in a good mood given that you can't hear even a peep from him.

Maybe he's concentrating. Which means he's in here somewhere looking incredibly hot, without you hovering around him like a lost puppy. With that in mind, your legs carry you a little quicker along the bridge.

A chainsaw swings out of nowhere and revs inches from your face causing you to scream, jumping out of your skin with a hand raising to your chest. Heart thumping under your palm.

"Oh my-" the robot gives you a once-over, stomping away like it hadn't just snatched your soul from your body. "For fuck sake."
You slump against the wall before bellowing at the top of your lungs.

"KARL!" You push away from the wall and hop down some steps. "Karl bring your ass!" Your sexy ass.

"Morning, doll."

You turn and fold your arms over your chest like an irked child, watching him descend the makeshift stairs made from floating metal.

"Woah, what's with the face? What have I done this time?"

"Your stupid robot scared the hell out of me."

"Oh, him." He lights a new cigar and brings it to his lips, inhaling deeply. You glare through the thick cloud of smoke.

"You know if that happens again I may just pass away on the spot." Even though it was a joke, intended to make him laugh, it still annoys you when he chuckles deeply.

"He meant no harm. He's just taking his toys for a spin that's all."

"He almost took my head off."

"I can't be having that." His head tilts as he reads your face. Still serious and hard like stone. "He really scared you that much? Oh, baby." He wraps you up in his strong arms and you grin as you cuddle into him.

Truthfully, you weren't that afraid. A little startled, yes. It definitely didn't merit such a dramatic reaction on your end, but you know from experience that if you play it out just right, he'll become putty in your hands.

Towards others he's cold and blunt, but around you he's a complete softie. You often tease him about it, which he hates, but it's not like he could get mad at you for it. He adores you. Or as Alcina says to irritate him, he's smitten.

"Feeling better?" His large hand cradles the back of your head, and he slowly begins to pull away to check on you. But you hold on even tighter.

"Not yet. Stay a little longer."

He smiles to himself. "Okay, just a little longer." He kisses the top of your head. You both know it'll be much more than a little while, but who are you to complain?