𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵

[ female reader ]

Heels sift through piles of crisp leaves, crushing furled edges with endless crunching. A strange breeze has the hood falling from the witch's head. Fiery hair billows around her chest as she stops in her tracks to investigate, tracking the shadows that zoom past.

That's when a figure jumps down from one of the thick branches above. Thumb being dragged along his bottom lip as he confidently approaches. Daniela glimpses the figures stepping out to surround her, seven or eight at least.

"Aren't you a sweet little thing." He smiles hungrily.

"I won't be so sweet if you continue to stand in my way. Move. Or I will move you."

A short chuckle leaves him. "You can't leave so soon. Not without giving me a little taste."

She's on the verge of snapping, about to toss him back to wherever the hell he came from, when his movements cease on the spot. His smirk falters and a wheezy groan crawls past his flat lips. He jolts a little before collapsing, revealing a bloody hand that's clutching his heart in a vice grip.

All at once the men sniff the air, and all at once they flee the woods within the blink of an eye. The slight tilt of their hand has the organ slipping and landing with a plop in the mud.

Daniela's hands remain hidden beneath her cloak where her sickle is kept. "Show yourself." She demands. An unwavering air of authority shrouds her, compelling them to step over the body into the ring of moonlight. While her mouth takes the shape of a circle a small smile spreads across soft lips.

"It is so good to see you."

Is this real? You drink in the sight of her as if it's the first time all over again. Your eyes can't sit still, they're constantly sweeping from one part of her face to the next, until every inch has been explored and admired. You've waited for this moment. Craved it.

Her expression is less pleased, morphing into one of a cold sneer. "Wish I could say the same."

"D, come on, don't be like this."

"Like what?" She shoots back. You sigh softly. This was a scenario you'd played in your head, but it wasn't one you'd hoped to be greeted with in real life. "Why are you here?"

"I came back for you."

"Don't lie to me."

"I wouldn't lie to you. Please, can we talk?"

"I have nothing to say and I have better things to do than listen to more of your lies."

"D, I came back for you. I made a promise and I kept it."

"You promised we'd be together forever. That you'd protect me, stick by me. But you didn't. You left. I woke up and you were gone. No goodbye, no explanation. How gullible do you think I am?"

"I had to leave, staying wasn't an option it was too dangerous." She shakes her head incredulously. "D, it was. I know it doesn't look like it but I left to keep you safe."

"Please." She scoffs.

"There were rumours of a new leader taking the throne. It was chaos in the factions, we were on the brink of war. My absence was always going to be temporary, I was always going to come back to you. They are my family because they are my blood but you are my home."