𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙙𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙 - 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘣𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯

[ any reader ]

A hand extends which you accept, allowing the taller man to pull you to your feet. What you don't accept, however, is him beginning to guide you away from the ruins with an arm around your waist.

Your grip on him tightens. "I can walk, Chris."

"Now isn't the time to be stubborn, [Y/n]. You're bleeding."

"I'm said fine."

"You wanna walk back by yourself? Alright, let's see that." He folds his arms over his chest, watching you wobble a few steps ahead.

You almost trip on the uneven cobblestones but manage to catch yourself. Despite the silence between you both, you can practically hear his cocky grin.

"Shut up."

"Haven't said anything. Yet."

"I know what you're thinking. I always do. Because you're an ass."

"Is that any way to talk to your boss? I just saved your ass back there."

"Please, I was perfectly fi-ine." Your face scrunches and you apply more pressure to your bruised side. "I never need saving."

"Oh, no, of course you don't." He has to slow down to match your pace, cocking a brow. "Do you plan on returning some time this year?"

"One more word and I'll throw you to the lycans."

"You'd collapse from blood loss before you could get your hands on me." You scoff. "You could've died you know? Told you to stop doing stupid shit like that."

"Yeah well, I got the job done didn't I?"

"Tundra here, everything okay down there?"

"We're fine. Heading back...slowly."

"Shut it, Redfield."

"Well I've got my eyes on you both, you're in the clear."

You wince and hold onto a wall, the pain in your leg throbbing to the point where you can no longer block it out. Chris sighs. Before you can drop a breathless, witty remark, you're being swept off your feet and carried up the pathway.

"I said I didn't need your help." Your arms drape over his shoulders regardless, and you try to ignore his muscles flexing as he moves. You'd steal the med injection from his vest but you've come this far claiming you don't need assistance. You can't surrender now.

"I know."

"Clearly my words fall on deaf ears." Your head spins so you rest it against him.

"Clearly." He lightly smiles as he reaches the aircraft where the squad is stationed, waiting patiently while engaged in lighthearted conversation.

"You alright, [Y/n]?"

"[Y/n] will be just fine, take us up." Chris nods and they scurry to get the aircraft in the air. He sits with you still curled against him, a dainty, bloodstained, hand clutching the strap of his tactical vest.

You don't recall the moment your heavy eyes allowed themselves to shut, but you don't complain about the sight when you wake up hours later. Laid in bed with your boss at your bedside.