𝘿𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝘽𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙤 - 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳

[ female reader ]

Having knocked on the door a few times and received no answer, you let yourself into the house and glance in each room. Dolls slumped against walls and sat upon shelves, their eyes seeming to follow you.

"Donna?" You call. "I thought I'd stop by on my way home. I brought you some more fabrics." You remove the bag and place it on the table. "I have no use for them but I figured you could make some new outfits for your dolls."

An icy breeze washes through the room. You rub your hands together, thankful for the scarf wrapped around your neck that she made for you.

On your way towards the door, you catch the woman herself stood by the table peering into the bag. Crossing the distance, you offer a warm smile.

"Are they okay?" Beneath the veil she looks at you and nods her head. "I'm glad you like them. I'll stop by again tomorrow, I wish I could stay longer but I should be getting home before dark."

You turn away but a cold hand gently grabs yours. "Is everything alright?" You ask softly, trying to read her face through the black material, though it's no use.

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything." You add softly when her head turns to the side.

Hearing gentle laughter from outside, you glance through the window. Angie skips in circles around Donna's legs, chattering away happily. A wicker basket in the crook of her elbow with an assortment of flowers that have been carefully laid in.

Your heart plummets as you slowly look up at the woman still clinging to you, your throat running dry.

"Miranda."

The veil is cast behind her to reveal her wicked smile. Your chest begins to heave as you look between her and the couple outside, calmly making their way towards the door. Unbeknownst to the intruder in their home.

"No." You try to pull away but her grip tightens, almost crushing your bones. "Let me go. Donna-!"

"Will [Y/n] visit us again?" Angie questions once the door is opened, running inside. "Look! It's her scarf." She lifts the end of it up with her tiny hands, peering up at Donna.

"Oh." The lady then views the open bag on the table. Angie curiously hops up onto a chair and climbs onto the table.

"Maybe [Y/n] was in a rush? She's always leaving her possessions behind." The doll chuckles, trying her best to ease Donna's nerves.

"Perhaps. It is getting dark, I can only hope she is safe at home." Donna clutches the scarf against her chest.

Arms suspended either side of your glistening body, you glower at Miranda from behind the bars of the cell she has you locked inside of. Caged in like a rabid animal. Your fingers curl around the metal links, gripping tight until your knuckles blanch as an unbearable heat spreads through your veins.

She raises her chin and smiles.