𝙈𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙈𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖 - 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘯

[ any reader ]

Chairs scrape across the floor as bodies ease into them, others filling gaps within the cramped conference room. The group leader strides in last carrying a stack of files which he drops onto the end of the table, empty hands resting on his wide hips.

"What we are about to discuss will stay between us; no one outside of this room needs to know about the information in these files. It is confidential." Chris explains, dragging his heavy gaze over each intrigued expression.

He disperses the files and slides them across the desk. They're swiftly opened for his squad and new recruits to gloss over. Papers are then passed around with a picture of an unfamiliar person, their name beside it and only their name. Eyebrows furrow.

"I debriefed you all on the mission but this is about the dangers we will face going into that village. The one person we do not want to encounter is the person in your files. There is a reason their profile is blank and that is because they are well protected."

"So who is this... [Y/n] [L/n]?"

"From what little intel we've gathered on them, we know that they were created by someone whose identity was deliberately wiped from all systems. Now they are the villages protector. They're incredibly dangerous which is why we've put them under threat level six. Worst of the worst."

"Exactly how dangerous are we talking about here?"

"They could tear you apart using just their mind." Chris answers earnestly.

"That's... concerning."

"If you encounter them, even if you catch a glimpse, your orders are to run the other way. Do whatever you have to do to escape. Usually I wouldn't encourage you to flee but this mission is the exception. [Y/n] is above anything we have faced before. Should they find you, do not engage. It is a death sentence if you try."

"They have a weakness though, right? They can't be invincible."

"No weaknesses have been discovered as of yet. You ask me they can be whatever they want to be, including invincible. We've sent a dozen men into that village to pursue them and not one made it out alive. All we received was broken messages on the radio about their abilities. Those men were terrified."

"Are we all hearing this? Sorry boss but this sounds like a suicide mission regardless of whether we engage the target or not."

"It's risky. I wouldn't blame any of you if you chose to walk out that door right now. I'll even sign off on the chopper to take you back to our base. We're a couple hundred miles away from the village, if we're going to do this we have to do it tonight. Miranda is at her weakest. She'll be worse off once we take Tali off her hands."

"Miranda might be weak but [Y/n] isn't."

"And Miranda's weakness is only temporary. Tali is what's keeping her alive. As far as we know that baby is in safe hands."

"No one has seen [Y/n] for over a decade. We don't know why, but we can certainly try and use it to our advantage." Says Chris.

"What if they're hibernating or something? Hiding somewhere while they recharge."

"They're not a robot, John." Rachel frowns.