𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙙𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙 - 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘳𝘵

[ female reader ]

"Now!" Chris yells. Emily hits the button on the device, shielding her head when the bomb explodes. Your eyes follow the cloud of flames stretching into the sky, a yelp tumbling from you when the window bursts.

Chris wraps his arms around you and covers you from the fragments, leaving the rest of the squad to take cover behind tables. You clutch the strap of his tactical vest, cautiously lifting your head from his chest when he moves.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine," you nod and smile.

"Uh, we're good too in case you were wondering." Dion adjusts his coat. "Or if you were at all concerned."

"Mm hmm." Chris nods, not taking his eyes off of you.

-

Chris strolls past the open door, finding you making yourself a cup of coffee to keep you awake for training. He rests his hip against the counter to your left, earning a friendly smile as you take a sip.

"Did it hurt?"

You glimpse his smirk and sigh to yourself. "What? When I fell from heaven?"

"No."

"When I fell from the vending machine?"

"No."

"...When I crawled out of hell?"

"When you fell for me." He grins from ear to ear. You snort and nudge his shoulder, hiding your smile behind your hand as you laugh.

"Oh my god."

Emily stands beside him and folds her arms. "You're an idiot." He frowns. "Just tell her you like her." He eventually looks away from you after you leave the room.

"I don't know what you mean."

-

Charlie's eyes droop as he listens to his boss, struggling to stay awake. He slouches in his chair and rests his head in his hand, resting his eyes for a few seconds.

A raised voice and a hand slamming on the table startles the man. Ronaldo raises a brow when he almost flies out of his seat and grabs onto his arm.

"Am I boring you, Charlie?"

"No sir-no I was just-sorry." He clears his throat, rubbing his face to wake himself up. John snorts.

Five minutes later and your eyes are beginning to flutter too. Not that this debrief is boring, you just haven't been sleeping well the past few nights which Chris is aware of. You're comfortable enough to open up to him, despite your trust issues.

Charlie's eyes flicker to you across the table, his mouth dropping open to find you curled up in your chair fast asleep.

Chris stands at the head of the table with his hands flat against it, carefully eyeing each person sat before him. His gaze lingers on you for a moment, but nothing that resembles a scolding passes his lips.

Charlie throws his hands in the air.

-

"Alright, I think that's enough for today. Good job everyone." Chris nods to the squad who slowly disappear from the training room. "Everything alright?" He stands by you with his hands on his hips.

"Tired." You yawn and stretch your arms above your head, squinting from how sore your shoulders are. Chris must have misread the situation, or not, since his arms slip under your body to lift you up.

"Oh-I umm...okay."

"What the-" the squad part to make a pathway. You smile and shrug, letting him carry you to your room.

-

"My, I look horrible." You chuckle and work on styling your hair as best you can. Chris's head instantly twists to the side, his eyes raking over you. "I did just complete a mission though."

"I should punish you for lying so much."

Your hands pause. "But I'm not...I'm not lying." You swallow when he steps closer, gazing down at you with a hint of a smile as he tucks some hair behind your ear.

"You know you are."

You let out a short laugh. "I'm in desperate need of a shower, I'll probably burn these clothes when we get back, my hair is a mess and my face is-"

"Beautiful." He interjects. You bat your lashes at him. "I can show you if you'd like."

"What are you gonna hold a mirror in front of my face or something?"

"Alright, screw you, I'll use plan B instead then." You laugh and habitually plant your hand on his firm chest.

"Again, with the flirting." Dion mumbles a little too loudly. Charlie subtly nudges his arm and he looks up, blinking. "Oh uh, hey boss."

"Flirting?" You frown. "We're not flirting."

"Chris certainly is." Ronaldo snorts. John snickers under his breath.

"No he isn't." You half smile up at Chris who stays quiet. "You...you were flirting?"

"Have been for a while."

Your eyes freeze. Emily hums behind you. "Wow, so either you are terrible at flirting or
[Y/n] is just the most oblivious person on the planet."

"No no, I'm very oblivious."

"Really?" John's brows furrow. "But he acts so differently around you." Ronaldo lightly jabs his ribs with his elbow, fearful that Chris's good mood will melt into a bad one again. "What? It's not hard to miss."

"I'm so sorry," you blush.

He chuckles, "don't worry about it."

"Wait so you like me?"

"Pretty sure I do. Yeah."

You process his response for a few seconds, nodding to yourself. "Cool." You wrap your arms and legs around him, feeling his hands settle under your thighs to keep you from falling.

"Screw all of you, I have an alpha."

"It never ends." Emily sinks in her seat.