6. Wanting To Decide His Own Destiny

He was really poor...

125.3 yuan used to be enough for him to live for half a month. But now in the eyes of Ling Fan, it was nothing like enough. It was not enough to pay his school fees next semester or buy a month's milk. It was even not enough for the treatment of his wound.

Expressionless, Ling Fan put the box aside.

A look of self-mockery flashed across his pale, thin face. Although he was in a difficult situation, he didn't feel depressed.

Now that he was lucky to restarted his life, he didn't want to be treated as cannon fodder anymore.

So, he decided to make a change from now on.

Was he a coward?

No, he was not going to live as a coward and sit passively for his end.

During those ten years in prison, every time he was attacked by the pain caused by heart failure, he had strong feelings of weakness and helplessness and wished that he could have a strong body.

He was now in poor health, but fortunately, it was not too late.

There is a saying that your health is your life. Ling Fan set a goal of trying by all possible means to make himself physically strong in three months.

He couldn't be any worse off than he was already. He had no money coming in, no family, nothing.

His eye fell upon the report card on the table.

He didn't want to waste his time, so he looked directly at the bottom of the report card and saw his own name.

He got 54 marks in the Chinese test, 23 marks in the math test, 16 marks in the English test, 33 marks in the chemistry test, 34 marks in the physics test, and 47 in the biology test...

The test results stunned Ling Fan. He was speechless.

He couldn't believe he was such a poor performer at school...

When he was in high school, he didn't care whether he could do well academically because of his humble beginnings. Every day he wondered how to avoid being beaten up and buy more food with his very limited money.

Thinking back, he felt such an idiot.

It was necessary to study hard.

An illiterate wouldn't have a bright future. Many uneducated men couldn't even find jobs or support themselves.

If he went on like this, he wouldn't have the ability to wreak vengeance on the man who had almost killed him and sent him to prison.

After all, his enemy was a rich and powerful man, who became known as the Underground Emperor of N City.

Therefore, he would have to try to be as rich and powerful as that man in a year if he wanted to change his own destiny and avenge himself.

Anyone who knew what was on his mind would think he was crazy.

But he knew what would happen in the next eleven years. During those years in prison, he read newspapers and watched the news every day, and was well aware of what happened outside. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to escape from prison.

There were many ways for him to become richer. He could speculate on the stock market, invest in projects and even make a fortune from disaster.

But anyway, 125 yuan was nothing like enough.

Ling Fan glanced at the iron box full of loose change and frowned. Then he looked away...

He remained silent for a long time and then he gave a meaningful smile.

The fastest way to make money was...

He suddenly got a crazy idea...