36. The Help Of Mr. Leopard

At the underground casino, Liuhe District.

Mr. Leopard was very surprised to see Ling Fan.

"Yo, you are nicely dressed today."

Mr. Leopard looked Ling Fan up and down and raised his eyebrows.

"Why are you here? Your match is scheduled for the day after tomorrow."

"I'm not here for a fight today. I just want to ask you something."

Mr. Leopard stubbed out his cigarette and said, "Haha, you are asking the right person. I'm not bragging. I know everything that happened in Liuhe District. Do you know what? The district head's mistress is expecting a twin. Mrs. Wang living in South Lane has a Chinese rural dog as a pet. Not long ago her dog gave birth to a husky. Haha, I know almost everything. What do you want to know?"

Mr. Leopard thought very highly of Ling Fan. If it hadn't been for the guess that Ling Fan might be the son of a rich family, Mr. Leopard would have tried to employ Ling Fan.

Hearing this, Ling Fan decided not to stand on ceremony.

"Do you know Lei Wu, Mr. Leopard?"

Lei Wu had worked here for some time. Ling Fan learned from Lei Wu that there was an underground fighting coliseum in Liuhe District.

"Lei Wu? Let me think... The name sounds familiar..."

Mr. Leopard was lost in thought. Suddenly, his eyes lit up.

"Do you mean Wuzi? He is big and strong."

"Yeah."

"I remember him. He used to play matches in my fighting coliseum," said Mr. Leopard. Lei Wu had impressed Mr. Leopard as a straightforward man who was skilled at fighting.

"Six or seven years ago, Lei Wu came here to enter the contest. He said his wife was pregnant, and he wanted to make more money for his unborn child. Afterwards, he was sent to jail for murder. I don't know what happened to him... Why are you inquiring about him? Is he your friend?" Ling Fan was just a primary school student that year when Wuzi committed the crime. They couldn't possibly have met before.

"Or is he your relative? No, it is impossible... As far as I know, his family members and relatives are almost dead, and his son is just a kid..."

Mr. Leopard stopped talking, because he himself thought his guess wide of the mark.

"Alright, just tell me why you inquire about him."

"I've been entrusted to get him out of the prison. So I came here to inquire about his past."

"Get him out of the prison? Don't talk big. He committed murder. "

"I have my way." During those ten years in the prison, Ling Fan had made a careful study of various laws and regulations. Lei Wu's case was not unbreakable. Although it was difficult to vindicate Lei Wu completely, Ling Fan was confident that Lei Wu would be released on bail as long as he proved the lack of murder motivation.

"Yo, I forgot you are rich. Well, I think Lei Wu is a good man. Alright, I'll help you. Although my fighting coliseum is unlicensed, everyone who comes to the competition has to sign a contract. Lei Wu was no exception. All the contracts are stored in the warehouse in the back of the fighting coliseum. But six or seven years have passed. It's going to take you some time to find Lei Wu's contract. I'll ask Luo to take you to the warehouse."

"Thank you, Mr. Leopard."

"You are welcome. Luo, take him to the warehouse." Mr. Leopard turned to Ling Fan and continued, "By the way, don't forget that you have three games the day after tomorrow. I have chosen three men as your opponents. The point is that I'm going to stake 20,000 yuan on you. So, don't stand me up."

"You can rest assured that I'll come."

The last game benefited him a lot, although he was injured. He didn't want to stop at this point.

Instead, he would often come here in the future.