48. Retaliation

From the angle at which Ling Fan stood, Chu Xiao and Luo Li were like a young couple kissing each other passionately.

They were well matched.

The picture of them standing together was pleasant to the eye.

Ling Fan clenched his fists and twisted his lips into a cold smile. Then he turned around and left without hesitation.

Everything was the same as in the previous life. Nothing had changed.

He shouldn't waste time anymore. He had to quicken his pace if he didn't want to be treated as cannon fodder...

......

"Yo, Ling Fan, it's you. I've heard you are very popular in our school, aren't you?"

A group of hoodlums stopped Ling Fan on his way to the classroom.

Hearing this, Ling Fan looked up at them.

He remembered them beating him when he just came back to life.

The leader of the hoodlums got angry at the sight of Ling Fan's expressionless face. He waved a wooden stick and said, "Humph! You are famous now and seem to have forgotten us. I'm going to teach you a lesson."

Ling Fan used to be a coward who had been often bullied by them but not dared to fight back. But now he was sought after by girls. What was more, last week he gave a speech as a student representative at the school-opening ceremony. All in all, they were very unhappy.

They were jealous of Ling Fan. So, they decided to give him a beating the moment they encountered him.

Ling Fan raised his head and said, "I'm in a bad mood. You'd better stay away from me."

To be more exact, he was feeling terrible. As for the reason, he had no time to think about it.

Ling Fan's indifference provoked those guys to anger.

"F*ck! Who do you think you are? You'll be beaten for disobedience."

"How dare you talk to us like that? Do you want to die?"

The leader of the hoodlums put his hand on his hips and said, "I'll give you another chance. Give us all your money, then kneel down and apologize to us, or we'll beat you to death."

Last time they had been frightened away by Ling Fan's self-harm behaviour. This time they had prepared themselves well in mind.

Hearing this, Ling Fan broke into a smile.

"I intended to spare you, but you guys don't know what is good for yourselves. So, there is only one way."

With that, Ling Fan took off his coat and put it on a bench by the road.

He was in a bad mood and needed an outlet for his anger.

"Damn it! How dare you? Come on, guys, let's give him a sound beating."

Hearing this, those hoodlums picked up wooden sticks and swung them at Ling Fan's head.

"You are courting death." Ling Fan narrowed his eyes and dodged nimbly. Then he punched the gang leader in the stomach.

This was an unfair fight, but Ling Fan was not injured; instead, those hoodlums received a severe beating.

They had overreached themselves and started the fight unwisely.

Ling Fan was the top boxer in the underground fighting coliseum. Even desperadoes who made a living by killing might not be able to defeat Ling Fan, let alone these young hoodlums.

Before long, they began to yowl and beg for mercy.

"Ah! Don't hit me... Ling Fan... Mr. Ling, I know I'm wrong. Please don't hit me..."

Ling Fan grabbed the gang leader by the collar and was about to punch him when he cried out for mercy, "Mr. Ling, please... please don't hit me..." He couldn't imagine how Ling Fan became a martial artist in just four months.

Ling Fan had no intention of creating a disturbance in the school. He gave vent to his anger and already calmed down.

He let go of the gang leader and said coldly, "Get out of my sight."

He bent over and picked up his coat. When he looked up, he found that those hoodlums had already run away.

He had been beaten too many times by those hoodlums in his previous life. Today he finally avenged himself on them. He felt so good at the moment.

At least, this proved that he could change something.

But that was not enough...