49. Ling Fan's Hand-line Stance

Ling Fan was surprised that Luo Li summoned him to his office.

'Luo Li was flirting with Chu Xiao just now. I can't believe that they didn't go out on a date,' he thought.

In the office, Luo Li looked unhappy. "Did you hit other students?" he asked.

He had a lot of things to do. He didn't want his students to give him any trouble.

Ling Fan didn't answer.

He sneered silently.

'No one has ever scolded those bastards for having bullied me. Everyone does it, so no one is responsible. Ridiculous!' he thought.

"Considering that you are a first offender, you won't be severely punished this time. But you have to make a self-criticism and apologize to those students. By the way, their parents want you to pay their medical bills. You..."

Ling Fan interrupted him, "I don't think I did anything wrong." His voice was cold.

He had intended to pretend to be timid, inarticulate and obedient in front of Luo Li.

But in his mind he kept reliving the scene in the café, and he didn't want to pretend anymore.

Ling Fan's sudden change of attitude surprised Luo Li. For the first time he studied Ling Fan's face carefully.

There was a sparkle of bemusement in his eyes.

'His face shows no timidity, and he's no longer obedient to me. Obviously, he has changed a lot. I should have notice it long ago. He is sought after by girls. He gave a speech confidently as a student representative at the school-opening ceremony. No doubt that he's no longer a mediocre poor student. I'm not curious as to why he has changed so much. The point is..." Luo Li thought to himself.

"Don't make a big thing out of it. It's not good for you."

"I'll pay their medical bills," said Ling Fan. After all, they had been badly beaten up by him.

"But I won't make a self-criticism or apologize to them.

Ling Fan stood firm, simply refusing to admit he was wrong. Luo Li realized that Ling Fan was out of his control.

"Alright, let's put the matter aside for the time being. Now go pay their medical bills." Luo Li frowned. Ling Fan's hard-line stance left him helpless. He could do nothing but let the matter rest for the time being.

"Okay."

……

After Ling Fan left, Luo Li glanced at a file bag on the desk and then locked it in his drawer without hesitation.

He had planned to ask Ling Fan to express the file for him, but just now he suddenly realized that Ling Fan had changed quite a lot. So he had to abandon the idea.

There was no doubt that Ling Fan had metamorphosed into a very excellent student.

But that was not what Luo Li wanted to see.

The reason he chose Ling Fan was because Ling Fan was mediocre and poor.

A student like Ling Fan was unprepossessing and easy to control. What was more, he wouldn't be able to take revenge on Luo Li even if he realized that he was an unwitting tool of Luo Li one day.

That was what Luo Li wanted.

Ling Fan's sudden change was beyond his expectation. Apparently, Ling Fan was no longer under his control.

He was not going to use Ling Fan anymore.

But it didn't matter. There were many timid, mediocre and poor people in the world. He would soon find a replacement for Ling Fan.

As for Ling Fan...

Luo Li looked at Ling Fan's retreating figure. His beautiful eyes narrowed and a murderous look flashed through them...