82. Happy Birthday

"Who is that person?" After Gu Ziming left, Chu Xiao asked in a low voice, sounding quiet.

Cough, the quietness before the storm.

"He?" Ling Fan raised his eyebrows. He thought that according to Chu Xiao's character, he wouldn't care about these things.

"Gu Ziming, who used to live here, a neighbor many years ago." Ling Fan said. To be honest, last time they met in the hospital, Gu Ziming said that he wanted to come and see him, he didn't take it to the heart. He just thought it was some small talk, but he didn't expect that he really came.

After all, in his last life, he only saw Gu Ziming once when he was about to go to prison.

There were many more coincidences in this life.

"Old acquaintances?" Chu Xiao asked. He didn't realize that he was trying to get to the bottom of it, which didn't go with his usual personalities.

Old acquaintances?

“No…” After all, he just know him, actually they didn’t have much interaction. Of course, Gu Zi had helped him with several sick leaves in this life.

“No?” Chu Xiao gritted his teeth and repeated Ling Fan's words.

Humph, no? Would he give someone his keys if the other side was not an old acquaintance? Would a stranger send him food? Would he bid farewell to a not so familiar person by patting on his head?!

"But I'm very grateful to him," Ling Fan said without noticing the gloom in Chu Xiao's eyes.

He was indeed very grateful towards Gu Ziming.

If Chu Xiao's appearance was a ray of unexpected sunlight in his life, then Gu Ziming should be a wisp of light in his last life.

At least at that time, seeing his miserable appearance, the other party neither teased him nor pretended not to know him, instead, he gave him 500. That was already very good…

That was understandable. For someone no one cared about, when someone suddenly gave him some sunlight, he’d feel appreciated. Yeah, that was him.

At that thought, Ling Fan smiled self-deprecatingly.

However, Ling Fan's smile was a different meaning to Chu Xiao…

“Won’t you eat some food?” Seeing Chu Xiao get up and walk towards the bedroom, Ling Fan was stunned and asked.

"Not in the mood…" Chu Xiao said and slammed the door shut.

So whether you’d eat food or not depends on whether you have the mood…

Looking at the closed door, Ling Fan's mouth twitched.

However, he did not disturb Chu Xiao's 'mood' anymore. He sat quietly on the sofa and started to think about how Luo Li would 'welcome' Chu Xiao after knowing his whereabouts.

Would he kindly reveal what he knew to Chu Xiao's subordinates? Or would he personally put on a the-hero-saving-a-beauty scene in person…

On the other side, Chu Xiao, who had been paying attention to the movements outside, finally turned over and closed his eyes after cursing him ‘idiot’ in the heart, no longer thinking about things about Ling Fan.