57. The Drug Has A Strong Effect

"Here we are." Ling Fan put Chu Xiao down and reached out a hand to open the door.

"My father disappeared before I was born. A few years ago my mother left with a man who was said to be rich. Er, in other words, she remarried. So, I live alone."

Ling Fan himself didn't know why he told Chu Xiao about his family.

But it didn't matter.

He didn't think Chu Xiao would take his words to heart.

He was right. Chu Xiao didn't pay attention to what he was saying.

Chu Xiao looked around as soon as he entered the apartment.

It had only a bedroom and a living room, small and narrow. Chu Xiao’s utility room was bigger than Ling Fan's whole apartment.

But anyway, the apartment was very clean.

So, Chu Xiao showed no sign of dissatisfaction.

Ling Fan helped Chu Xiao into his apartment and asked, "Do you want me to show you around?"

After all... Maybe Chu Xiao would stay here for a long time...

But obviously, Chu Xiao was unaware of what Ling Fan had in mind.

He replied in a cold voice, "No."

Due to the unknown drug, he could feel that his condition worsened. His arms and legs were weak, and he felt that he had lost control of himself. All this made him irritable.

At this point, Ling Fan's voice was a terrible noise to him.

"Oh." Ling Fan heard the impatience in Chu Xiao's voice. He shut his mouth and sat Chu Xiao down on the sofa.

Then they lapsed into silence.

Chu Xiao was not talkative, especially when he faced Ling Fan who was just an irrelevant boy to him.

As for Ling Fan, he kept quiet because he didn't know what to say.

After his rebirth, Ling Fan was still not very good at communicating with people. Besides, the man in front of him was Chu Xiao, who was much nobler than him.

What was more... Chu Xiao seemed to have no desire to talk to him. Er, to be more exact, Chu Xiao disdained to have a talk with him.

So, Ling Fan remained silent.

A minute.

Ten minutes.

An hour…

The silence lasted one and a half hours. Ling Fan glanced at the clock on the wall and decided to break the silence.

He gave a little cough to attract Chu Xiao's attention and asked, "Do you want to drink water?"

"No, thank you." Chu Xiao was snapped back to reality when Ling Fan asked him the question. He frowned in displeasure.

"Oh. Then... do you want something to eat?"

"No." Although he didn't think the boy in front of him was a threat, Chu Xiao was not off guard.