27. Lack Of Love

"You want a day off? Are you serious? Do you know how many times you've asked for leave recently? I've seen a lot of students like you. Recently you've made progress in your studies, but don't be complacent. I think your grade will take a dive if you go on like this. "

In the office, Director of teaching affair was trying to convince Ling Fan.

Obviously, he was very unhappy that Ling Fan frequently asked for leave.

Ling Fan coughed and said, "Actually I don't really want to ask for leave, but you know, I was badly beaten up by those ruffians some days ago."

"The school has dealt with the matter, hasn't it?"

'Humph! Yeah, I was asked to write an article to explain the conflict between me and those hooligans,' he thought to himself.

Ling Fan's eyes darkened, but he didn't refute.

"Yep, the matter was settled. I went to the hospital, and the doctor said that I was concussed. He asked me to go to the hospital for a cheek-up every week. Here are my medical records." With that, Ling Fan handed a medical certificate to Director of teaching affair.

In fact, Ling Fan hadn't gone to the hospital. He had asked Gu Ziming to make out a medical certificate for him, not because he wanted to claim the medical expenses from those ruffians, but because he wanted to ask for leave.

"Are you telling the truth?" Director of teaching affair was in a half-and-half state of belief and doubt. He looked at the medical certificate, and then at Ling Fan.

"I was already feeling better, but this morning I bumped my head accidentally on the door, and now I've got a headache."

"Jesus, it's so serious... Alright, go to the hospital and have a thorough check-up. If you still feel bad, you can stay at home and rest for two days."

'I think he is not malingering. What's more, no matter whether he is malingering or not, I don't want him to pass out at school,' Director of teaching affair thought to himself.

He picked up his pen and signed his name on Ling Fan's leave application.

……

"You want to take the day off?" Luo Li frowned when he saw the signature of Director of teaching affair on Ling Fan's leave application.

"Yes, I have to go to the hospital for a check-up."

"Oh." Luo Li nodded.

"Since you are unoccupied today, please do me a favor. Here's a document. I've written the consignee's address on the paper bag. Please express it according to the address."  With that, Luo Li took a craft paper bag out of a drawer and handed it to Ling Fan.

"Here's 50 yuan. Take it and pay the express fee. The rest of the money is yours."

"Oh." Ling Fan didn't say anything else. He took the document from Luo Li and turned to leave.

He had been a follower of Luo Li in his previous life, but now he had nothing to say to Luo Li.

No one, including Luo Li who had taken advantage of him, should be blamed for his tragedy. He only had himself to blame, because he had mistaken indifference for kindness.

......

Ling Fan went back to the classroom. He took his schoolbag and was about to leave when a girl stopped him.

"Er... Ling Fan."

"What's up?"

"Mm... I'm stumped by a chemical question. Can you help me with it?"

Obviously, she was trying to strike up a conversation him.

The girl was much naiver and cuter compared with Luo Li.

Ling Fan gave her a friendly smile and said, "I have to go to the hospital now. But I'll help you tomorrow if you want."

Ling Fan had changed quite a lot recently. Therefore, his classmates changed their attitude towards him.

Latterly, many of his classmates tried to chat to him, and he always responded in a friendly way.

Was he an easy-going, friendly man?

Of course not.

Lack of love had caused his tragedy in his previous life...