29. I'm Here To Visit A Prisoner

The taxi driver glanced at Ling Fan in the driving mirror and said, "Hey, boy, we have to be civilized citizens. Throwing things out of the car window is uncivilized."

What was more, the driver would be fined if what Ling Fan did was caught on camera.

Ling Fan replied, "I threw it into the trash can."

His voice was frightfully cold.

He was in a bad mood, not because of the taxi driver, but because he suddenly thought of Chu Xiao's lovers.

The taxi driver was unlucky to get in his line of fire.

The driver didn't know what Ling Fan had in his mind. The murderous look in Ling Fan's eyes made his heart flutter.

He was frightened by the coldness on Ling Fan's face.

'Oh gosh! He looks young, but seems very dangerous... Now I know, never judge people by their appearance. Don't tell me he's a dangerous man who has committed murder, arson, robbery and other heinous crimes...' the driver thought to himself.

He was convinced by his own guess. He tightened his grip on the steering and stepped on the accelerator harder to speed up to Tieqiao Road...

"Your destination is right ahead. It's hard to turn the car around there. So, can you get off here? Er... I won't charge you."

Recently many of taxi drivers had been lured to remote places, and then they had been robbed. Some of them even had been killed. Now the only thing he wanted to do was drive away. He cherished his life more than money.

"Okay." Ling Fan got off the car. He threw 20 yuan into the car through the window.

......

A warder shouted at Ling Fan, "Hey, stop! Here is a prison. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to visit a prisoner."

"A prisoner? This prison is only for prisoners with long-term imprisonment. Are you sure you're in the right place?"

"Yes, of course. My uncle is held in this prison. His name is Lei Wu," Ling Fan replied calmly. He took out 500 yuan from his pocket and handed it to the warder.

He had spent ten years in the prison. He knew unwritten rules there.

"Yo, you are a sensible boy. Wait a bit. Let me check the list of prisoners... Yeah, there is a prisoner named Lei Wu. Sign the register and go wait in the visiting room."

"Thank you." Ling Fan signed his name on the register which was almost blank and went straight to the visiting room without looking at signs.

Before long the warder took Lei Wu out.

"Is it this man?"

"Yes."

"You have 10 minutes. Pay attention to the time."

"Okay."

"Hey, boy! Who are you? I don't know you. Why did you come to visit me?" asked Lei Wu. There was a hint of impatience in his tone. He had no family. His wife was dead. He thought no one would come to visit him.

"My name is Ling Fan."

Looking at the shaven-headed, big man sitting in front of him, Ling Fan's face broke into a smile.

"Ling Fan? I'm sure I don't know you."

Ling Fan curled up his lips and said, "Maybe we will be friends in the near future."

To be precise, if Ling Fan hadn't been so lucky to rise from the dead, a year and two months later they two would meet in this prison. He remembered that Lei Wu robbed him of his meal when they first met.

"Shit! You are talking nonsense. I have no time to play with you." Lei Wu stood up and was about to leave.

But Ling Fan's next remark stopped him from leaving.

"Your name is Lei Wu. You are 38... er, 37 years old. You were born in the country. Your parents died when you were young. You came to N City when you were 16. You wanted to make some achievements, but failed. You got married at 30. Later, your wife got pregnant. But unfortunately, she was bullied by some ruffians when she was selling wine at a bar. Those guys imprisoned your wife. In order to save her, you killed them. Then you were caught and sent to jail..."