Chapter 38

Chapter 38

    As soon as Mr. Shen spoke, everyone present fell silent.

    The people who were just staring at the gift box were all smiling, but their thoughts were different.

    Some are sweating for Bai Rongrong, some are secretly waiting to see a good show, and even hoping with good intentions, it is best that this gift is of inferior quality, so that the Shen family will lose face at their banquet, so If you do, you will definitely hate this girl whose parents died since she was a child, and she is obviously not eligible to enjoy all these preferential treatment, right?

    Everyone was staring at the gift box with all their attention, and no one noticed that, at some point, a tall, thin, but tall and strong man had walked into them.

    Mr. Shen peeled off the awkwardly wrapped gift boxes layer by layer, and it really was his fluffy style. However, he has been in the market all his life, and now that he is old, he takes things lightly, and he is not afraid of being embarrassed.

    No matter what the quality of the gift is, it is the intention of the younger generation. He will not care, nor will he allow others to make irresponsible remarks in his own home.

    No matter what the result is, he will definitely protect his children first in front of outsiders.

    The old man Shen stopped suddenly and stopped thinking.

    I saw that the open wooden box was covered with a layer of soft brocade. Although it could be seen that it was carefully cut, the edges were not very neat, and the fabric was obviously not for this purpose, but was deliberately used. cut out.

    However, on this "rag" lay a writing brush quietly.

    The brush is not exquisite, even just has the basic structure and function, without any aesthetic sense of decorative design.

    However, outsiders may not be able to see it, but the hand of the old man holding the wooden box needs to be stabilized. He slowly stretched out his other hand to pick up the pen. Don't go.

    The animal hair tied into the end of the pen is actually from which he has been studying for decades, and he can't tell where it came from. Although it looks like wolf hair, it is different than any one he has ever seen. Smooth and shiny, yet strong and powerful.

    He has reached this age, and he has some mysterious and mysterious perceptions about things. And this brush gave him a strange, but awe-inspiring sense of awe that was too strong to be ignored.

    Shen Ming didn't know why Grandpa looked at the brush for so long.

    He was beside the old man, and he saw the brush. It was very simple and had no tricks.

    Is it because of the little woman's intentions?

    But no matter what the reason is, he will ask again in private, at this time, he just reminds him quietly.

    "Grandpa, you are so biased that you only look at this gift, and don't look at what we gave it?" The

    old man Shen suddenly came back to his senses, and when he saw the people around him were laughing a little uncomfortably, he noticed that he had lost his mind for a long time.

    He immediately closed the box carefully, smiled affectionately, and said to the girl who was blinking in anticipation: "Thank you, Rongrong, this is definitely the best gift grandpa has received this year!"

    "Hey, hey, grandpa likes it Lah!" Bai Rongrong smiled very satisfied.

    Suddenly, a voice sounded.

    "The younger generation is here to wish Grandpa Shen a blessing like the East China Sea and a long life!"

    Everyone heard the sound, and the man gave the birthday gift with both hands in a gentle manner, smiling like a spring breeze. It is obviously to interrupt other people's own warm moments, but it is very polite and humble to make it difficult to blame.

    Many girls even blushed after just one glance; the ladies were quietly looking at whose dignified young master this was; the men were puzzled as to why they had no impression of this extraordinary young man.

    The old man Shen frowned and looked at the young man who appeared suddenly, only to find that the other party looked at him calmly, fearless, and even handled with ease.

    He knew immediately that the person in front of him was not an ordinary person and should not be underestimated.

    However, he also had no impression of this person: "Who are you?"

    "The junior is abrupt." The young man blamed himself and introduced himself with a smile, "I'm a friend of Rongrong     , thank you for taking good care of her. My name is Ye Lang." But when you think about it, you can tell that something is wrong: this man named Ye Lang actually put himself and Bai Rongrong together, and instead thanked the Shen family for adopting the girl.

    The old man raised his eyebrows, glanced at his grandson with great interest, took the gift naturally, and smiled kindly: "It turns out to be a friend of Rongrong, welcome."

    Then he said to everyone: "I am an old man. Don't spoil everyone's happiness here, you young people treat this as your own home and play yourselves freely!"

    After speaking, he left the banquet accompanied by his son and daughter-in-law.

    Bai Rongrong watched the old man leave, and turned back to her body when she saw the person walking away.

    Unexpectedly, when he turned around, he met the man's sharp eyes.

    Ye Lang raised his eyebrows, the meaning of which was self-evident.

    Bai Rongrong hesitated for a second, and hurriedly hit haha: "Alang, why are you late? What's the urgency?" The

    man's eyes resented: "It's really late, and I won't see you making my things into gifts. , I'll let you go."

    Bai Rongrong: "..."

    And Shen Ming, who was on the side, saw the intimacy between the two, and the depth of his eyes dropped another temperature.