Chapter 70

Chapter 70

    Speaking of this matter, Shen Ming has always been curious.

    Because of their complicated experiences, there are not a few merchant families with faith like them, but very few are very religious like the Gu family.

    "Grandpa, do you know why the Gu family believes in Buddhism?"

    "Speaking of this, it is a secret of the wealthy family." The old man Shen fell into memory, "If I didn't happen to see it with my own eyes, I would have always thought it was just the tradition of the ancient family. At that time, the old man of the Gu family and I were both still young, but when he was in his early twenties, he suddenly fell to the ground and his body was stiff. Later, after a lot of treatment, he returned to normal. After that incident, I learned that the original There is a genetic disease in the blood of the Gu family, and it is very likely to suddenly lose the ability to move. As a wealthy family, this is not trivial, so earlier, the ancestors of the ancient family worried that it was a punishment from God, so they left behind According to the strict family rules, they are required to be devout and faithful to the Buddha."

    "So, Gu Li should have reached the age of disease?" Shen Ming couldn't help but frown, "I've never heard of this from any source."

    "Well . , The Gu family has a good heart, and it is a rare clear stream. We are good friends with the Gu family, even if we know it, don't spread it."

    "Yes, I understand, Grandpa."

    Because of the discomfort, Bai Rongrong went back to the bedroom to rest without having dinner. .

    But because he slept too much during the day, the Rabbit Essence, who has always slept soundly, turned out to be insomnia!

    Moreover, after the nausea passed, Bai Rongrong lay on the bed and quietly listened to the scream of her little belly.

    "I'm used to you!" She slapped her stomach so hard that she couldn't bear the pain, "Don't eat when it's time to eat, you'll run out of food and you'll be hungry! What's wrong!"

    Having said that, Rabbit Spirit went downstairs late at night, trying to find something to eat to satisfy her increasingly hypocritical stomach that was spoiled by the kind Shen family.

    Worrying about disturbing others, Bai Rongrong turned on the light in the living room and opened the refrigerator gently.

    Seeing the food inside, she was instantly dejected - it was all raw.

    Alas, if I had known that there would be this moment, even the handicapped party should learn to cook.

    Bai Rongrong was hesitating whether to take out a few cool carrots to eat when suddenly, the light in the kitchen suddenly turned on.

    She was startled and looked towards the door, only to see that Shen Ming, who had just come out of the study, walked to the light switch at some point.

    "Hungry?"

    "Hmm." Bai Rongrong blinked her big eyes and nodded.

    Seeing the little woman holding the cold radish in her hand, Shen Ming walked over with a frown: "How can you eat it raw? Besides, your stomach has trouble with dinner, so you can't eat these raw and cold things directly.

    " She took the carrot from her hand and held it in her hand, it was really cold.

    "Huh?" Bai Rongrong subconsciously wanted to grab it back, but when she met the man's warning eyes, she immediately became honest.