Jean's Sad Life

"Hey guys," Connie snickered. "Guess what just happened!"

"What?" Sasha asked.

"You know how it's been raining, right?" Connie asked.

"Yeah," Eren nodded.

"So I was walking on my way to class," Connie started. "Then I heard a noise from behind. I turned around to see Jean slip on a puddle that leaked from the ceiling!"

"I don't know whether to feel bad or to laugh at how pathetic that boy is," Eren commented.

"Here he comes!" Sasha hushed.

Jean walked into class, eyes on the ground as he shamefully sat down in his seat.

The bell rang just as Jean's butt touched the chair.

"Okay, class," Mr. Seller, the English teacher stated. "Before we begin class, I just need to point something out." He pulled out a map of Europe and pointed to Britain. "What is this?"

"Britain," the class answered.

"What is this?" He pointed to Italy.

"Italy."

"Then how in the world," Seller ranted, "can one of you mix those two up on the quiz? I'm looking at you Jean."

The class snickered. Mr. Seller was a man who wasn't afraid to call a kid out.

"I don't know," Jean said, looking defeated.

"Son," Seller emphasized, "I am genuinely concerned if you don't know where Britain is!"

"Sorry sir," Jean uttered.

"Moving on," Mr. Seller announced. "We will be reading another short story from the book about aspirations and dreams. Kid, what do you want to do with the rest of your life?" He pointed at Eren.

"Become successful and hopefully earn enough money to support myself," Eren shrugged.

"What about you Jean?"

"I want to sleep," Jean responded nonchalantly.

Mr. Seller stared at Jean for a moment, as if he didn't know how to respond to Jean's comment. "Son, if you want to sleep for the rest of your damn life, I'd hate to know how sad it is right now."

"I tripped in a puddle sir," Jean randomly added.

"Did it hurt?" Seller asked.

"Yeah," Jean answered.

"Good, because when life bitchslaps you in the face a few years from now, it ain't gonna be better," Mr. Seller answered.

There was a knocking on the door. "Hello?"

"Everyone," Mr. Seller said. "Stand up and say hi to Ms. Oscar!"

The class did as he said. When they sat down, Mr. Seller laughed as he held up his fist. "I hold so much power. They don't even question a thing they do."

Ms. Oscar cleared her throat. "I just need to grab a few papers."

"Go ahead," Mr. Seller gestured. "So many writers had an aspiration to be something else before they settled to writing." Ms. Oscar walked out the door with papers and down the hall. "I'm crashing her wedding in July," Seller laughed.

"I want to crash a wedding sometime," Jean said out loud.

Mr. Seller paused before responding. "Jean, I hate to break it to you, but you seem like the person who would crash his own wedding just because you didn't receive a invitation."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN:
Snape
Snape
Severus Snape