A Mid-Summer Day's Fair

Every year on August 1st, their school held a summer fair almost completely planned and ran by students.

Despite the name referencing to a Shakespeare play, Marco believed that the Mid-Summer Day's Fair was a big hit. And surprisingly it was. Mainly because of the Dunk the Teacher booth because who doesn't want to see a teacher fall into a tub of freezing cold water.

Marco was part of this year's fair committee and his job was to make sure that the fair was running smoothly. He had to run around and answer to any technical difficulties that may occur. Of course, this was the hardest job, and obviously, it was given to a rising sophomore since no one else wanted it. Even during the transition to becoming a sophomore, a freshman was still a freshman.

Marco was already half warn out by the time the fair had begun. However, a smile returned to his face once he saw his friends enter the school.

"I really hate this place," Eren complained. "It smells like misery and suffocation."

"Well so do you, Jaeger," Jean joked.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Eren snapped back.

"Maybe it's because you didn't make sense in the first place-"

"I swear, if you two get banned from the summer fair, so help me, I will throw you both off the top of the Washington Monument," Armin threatened.

They both were silenced, but Eren raised his hand in question. "Is that the one that looks like a pencil?"

"No, it's the one that looks like an alpaca- of course, it's the fucking pencil!" Jean spat sarcastically.

"There's a monument that looks like an alpaca?" Eren asked.

"Someone help that child," Ymir stated while leaning on Christa's shoulder. "I think summer has gotten to his head."

"Hey guys!" Marco smiled. "And happy birthday, Reiner."

"Why thank you," Reiner nodded. "See? I can always count on Marco to remember my birthday."

"Sup Bodtster," Connie said. "How ya doing?"

"I feel like gouging out my eyeballs and putting them on a silver plater to serve myself for dinner," Marco answered truthfully, strangely with a smile.

"Oh my," Sasha said.

"Oh dear," Bertolt added.

"Oh honey, what happened to you?" Christa asked.

"I just hate the position I was given that's all," Marco laughed. "At least I was given this cool walkie talkie." Marco tried to look on the positive side, but as soon as he did it, his walkie talkie beeped.

"Marco, we need more toilet paper rolls at the Potty Toss station."

"Potty toss?" Reiner snickered. "Sounds like a shitty game." Then, Reiner started laughing uncontrollably, slapping his knee while everyone looked at him as if he had just sharted rainbows like the gay fish he is.

"Well, I have to go," Marco cleared his throat. "I hope you have more fun than I do."

"Good luck!" Armin shouted after Marco.

"Man, I hope he doesn't tire himself out too much," Jean stated.

However, no one paid any attention to what Jean said except for Armin, because Reiner was still kneeling on the filthy ground, laughing his ass off.

"Can someone call the ambulance?" Ymir asked.

"I got the cure," Annie stated as she cracked her knuckles. Everyone stared at her as if she was going to work a miracle, but they were quite disappointed in themselves. They should have known that Annie's solution was to kick the shit out of Reiner.