First Snow of the Year

"Holy pot brownies! It's snowing!" Isabel exclaimed from the other room.

"Holy pot brownies?" Farlan looked up from his book in question.

"Hey Farlan!" Isabel continued to shout, and rather clearly mind you, through a hallway and two closed doors. "Can you hear me?"

"Very clearly!" Farlan loudly spoke back. He was certain his parents will be annoyed.

"Then shut your stupid book and look out the window," Isabel stated.

"It's not a stupid book!" Farlan replied, sounding a little offended.

"I don't care how much you want to know about Sara Bareilles' life," Isabel stated. "It won't kill you to put the pack of tree skin down for five minutes instead of fangirling over your idol!"

"Pack of tree skin with words of pure genius!" Farlan bellowed.

"LOOK OUT THE DANG WINDOW!" Isabel shouted even louder.

"Alright!" Farlan gave in. He sat out of bed and glanced out the window. His surroundings were dark, and Farlan had to squint his eyes to be able to see the occasional flurries that drifted from the sky.

"Isabel?" Farlan called out.

"Yes?" She replied.

"It's hardly snowing!" Farlan shouted.

"It's still snowing!" Isabel shouted. "And it's sticking!"

"It just looks like that one snow monster from Frozen sneezed!" Farlan shouted. "That's it!"

"We're going outside!" Isabel demanded.

"No we aren't-"

"YES WE ARE!"

"Mom! Dad!" Farlan shouted.

"WHAT?" He heard his mother shout.

"We're going outside!" Farlan said.

"That's fine!" His mother responded.

"Yay!" Isabel cheered as she ran over, already dressed in warm winter clothing. "Hurry up, dipwad. Let's go!"

soon after

It was late at night for Farlan since he typically wants to refrain from staying up past eleven. Isabel called him a wimp for that and so did most of his friends.

Yet here he was, outside in 18 degree weather at 11-on-the-verge-of-going-12 o'clock. The snow wasn't even coming down anymore. It left a sheet of fluffy white stuff as thin as paper.

"There is no point in us being out here," Farlan sighed.

Isabel, however, was not even paying attention. She was looking up at the dark sky above them. "We have to make it snow more."

Farlan glanced at the girl as if she was defying all laws of logic. And since no man has yet to "make it snow more," she was defying logic.

Farlan also faced the sky above them. How do you suppose we do that- AGH! A snowflake landed in my eye!"

"Ha!" Isabel shouted. "Follow me."

"Where are we going-"

"I have a good idea," Isabel interrupted as she stomped off into the snow.

a few minutes later

"What do you guys want," Levi growled while trying to send the best GTFO vibe he could while being half asleep.

"This was your good idea?" Farlan ridiculed Isabel.

However, she wasn't paying attention to Farlan at all. "You look awful," Isabel bluntly said to Levi.

"Thanks," Levi spat. "I try. Why are you even here."

"To warn you about the invasion," Isabel stated.

"What invasion?" Levi and Farlan asked the same time.

"Just don't open your door after we leave," Isabel stated.

"Why?" Farlan asked.

Levi, on the other hand, simply scoffed and said, "Don't have to tell me twice."

Isabel and Farlan began to walk away from the house when Farlan decided to question Isabel. "What invasion?"

"That one," Isabel pointed to Hanji jumping out of a bush in a ridiculous looking snowman costume that greatly restricted her limb movements.

She waved behind her at the bush. Gunther, Erd, and Auruo jumped out soon after. Hanji began to make incomprehensible hand movements at the guys. She immediately turned around and waddled down the sidewalk just to trip on her own costume and fell onto the pavement. She laid motionless, face down for a few seconds before spontaneously hopping to her feet.

Her voice echoed as she shouted "camouflage!" at the empty streets of the neighborhood. They promptly continued to shuffle to Levi's house.

However, before they were even able to reach the door, it swung open, making Hanji jump. Levi stood at the doorframe, looking both tired and agitated as he held a large water gun that resembled an assault rifle.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!" Levi shouted as Hanji and the others made a break for it. Levi was always close behind spraying them with water or whatever liquid was in that weapon.

Hanji, of course, had the hardest time getting away because she could not even run five paces without face planting because of her fat costume.

"I'm going home," Farlan said as he immediately turned around and denied everything that had just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~