First Day

"I am officially back in hell," Levi stated. "Take it all in. The dread, the excitement, the freshmen yelling from across the hall, the suffocation, all of it!"

"You really hate school, don't you?" Isabel asked.

"I don't hate school," Levi said. "I believe that education is beneficial since it keeps people who care enough from being a stupid lil' shit. But it's the other people who ruin it for me."

"I agree wholeheartedly- wait is he...?" Farman pointed at Nile as he walked by. Nile appeared to not have noticed that something was indeed quite wrong. Farlan and Isabel began to laugh hysterically for they couldn't believe that such a thing could happen in 2015, nonetheless to an 11th grader.

"And he is one of the examples of people who I cannot stand," Levi stated.

✎➕➖✖➗✐

"Wait Armin, you actually have all of the school supplies you need in your backpack?" Jean asked.

"Dude, we never do anything educational on the first day," Connie stated.

"You need to chill, Armin," Sasha took in a deep breath and let it out as an example. "Just breathe in the positivities of being a tenth grader. We are no longer the most hated class in the school."

"I like to come prepared!" Armin whined.

"You're going to embarrass yourself with such a large backpack on the first day," Eren stated.

"Actually, I think the embarrassment of the first day award goes to that guy over there," Connie pointed at Nile.

Nile nonchalantly walked past the group of friends. They snickered at him as he passed them. He grew immediately more paranoid. This wasn't the first time he was laughed at that morning. What was wrong?

He quickly made his way to his first class, which was English. When he walked into the door, he was upset he didn't have any friends in that class.

Then again, he had no friends.

Nile found his seat and sat down. That was when Erwin walked up to him. "So, how was your summer, Nile?" Erwin asked.

"Probably better than yours," Nile stated with his nose stuck in the air.

"It can't be any worse than your first day of school, because this was on your back the entire day," Erwin took a sticky note off Nile's back and slammed it onto the table. What absolutely mortified Nile was that the note said "Kick me," on it. He couldn't believe he never noticed that the sticky note was put onto his back.

"Good luck with the rest of your year," Erwin said as he walked back to his seat. For the rest of the day, Nile sulked in his seat, silently crying on the inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: guys imma apologize ahead of time. My teachers already hit the ground running this year so I'm sorry if I can't update as often as I use to.