The Case of the Missing Pencil

Levi had no clue why he was there. He remembered being in the cafeteria, peacefully eating his lunch. The next thing he knew, he woke up here. In the janitor's closet laying sitting on a filthy-ass chair at a filthy-ass table. He heard rumors that people have been interrogated, but they had no idea why. Something about a missing pencil...

Some said that the interrogation was just plain stupid. Others said it could scare satan himself. Either way, Levi prepared himself for the worst.

Suddenly, a hand slammed down on the table, loud enough to make Levi jump (That is, if he could even be scared). Then, Hanji came out of the shadows and scooted uncomfortably close to Levi.

"Where were you, this morning at 9:45?" Hanji asked.

"At school," Levi answered.

"You think I'm joking around?" Hanji sneered. "Where at school?"

Levi sighed. "I was in my English class learning about American literature. Now can I leave? I need a drink of water."

"Ooh! Can I interrogate?" Isabel asked jumping up and down.

"Go ahead," Hanji stated.

Isabel then stepped up to the table, and slammed both her palms down and at the same time, shouted in Levi's face. "YOU MURDERER!"

"Isabel! What the hell!" Levi shouted.

"You thought you would be able to get away with it," Isabel spat accusingly. "So you murdered him and tried to cover up your tracks, but we can see right through you-"

"Isabel!" Farlan shouted. "This is not a murder mystery! This isn't even a mystery-"

"Shut up, Farlan!" Isabel shouted.

"What is this even about?" Levi asked.

"Well, you see..." Hanji said.

Flaassshhhbaaaccckkk

"Where the hell is my pencil?" Farlan said to himself as dumped all the contents of his backpack onto his desk.

end of flashback

Levi stared at them. "That's it? Farlan lost a stupid pencil and you're making a big deal out of this-"

"HOW CAN WE NOT MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF MURDER!" Hanji shouted in Levi's face.

"This isn't murder!" Farlan rubbed his forehead.

"Gather the others," Hanji stated. "I believe I have the answer.

10 minutes later

Mike, Erwin, Nile, Erd, Petra, and Levi stood in a line as Hanji paced back and forth in front of them. She then turned to face them and cleared her throat. "All of your alibis proved to be completely useless. But we still know who committed the murder..."

"It wasn't a murder!" Farlan groaned. "Maybe I just left my pencil at home!"

"But you said you distinctly remembered using it in first period," Hanji stated. "You proceeded to second period, which was Chorus, so you didn't need it. But it disappeared when you looked for it third period."

"Then I could have left it in first period," Farlan reasoned.

"No!" Hanji shut him down. "There is no way it could be that simple."