Death-spectations

"Hey Armin," Connie said as he eyed curiously at what the blond was doing. "Whatchu doing?"

"See those mirrors?" Armin asked while gesturing to the room, not even looking up from his project.

"Yeah," Connie said. "That's why I asked."

The 6-inch-tall mirrors were taped at different angles to various objects. It was impossible for anyone to maneuver through the maze. Meanwhile, Armin was playing with a light that seemed pretty harsh. To protect himself from the harsh rays of the laser, he wore some pink heart sunglasses.

But even someone as dumb as Connie knew that it was a bad idea.

"I'm trying to get all this light reflected off the mirrors and TEST how much light, if any, are lost to the room, lit and unlit, before hitting the sensor," Armin explained. "My hypothesis is-"

"Blah blah blah science science science," Connie mocked. "I wanna test out the laser!" Connie exclaimed as he grabbed the laser, pretending to control it while Armin kept a firm grip on it, refusing to hand it over. Connie gave it one last pull, yanking it out of Armin's hands.

However, Connie ended up pressing a button which shot a green laser towards Armin's left eye, causing him to stumble backwards shouting "cheese and crackers!"

"Armin are you okay?" Connie asked.

"YOU SHOT ME IN THE EYE WITH A LED LASER!" Armin screeched.

"Dude, are you okay?" Connie asked.

"I'M COMPLETELY BLIND IN THIS EYE," Armin shouted in his face. He sighed. "I'm going to the nurse," Armin said. "Hopefully she lets me home."

On the way out of the room, he ended up tripping over an empty bucket where he got the mirrors from.

"FIDDLESTICKS!"

"K dude!" Connie waved back. "See ya later."

The Same Day

It turns out that Armin had to go home and rest due to his wounds. Connie did feel bad for it, but he could always apologize after he set up a in-the-middle-of-the-school beach party.

Connie and Sasha both dragged their beach chair to the foyer of the school. Once they set the chairs in the exact middle of the room, Sasha spoke up. "Stay right here! Imma grab some soda and snacks!" She said before she disappeared into the crowd

Meanwhile, Connie laid back in his chair and put on his shades before he began to doze off. Moments later he realize he could read a book so he pulled out his favorite, The Cat in the Hat. He was so into the book that he didn't even notice Eren walking up to him.

"Hey, Connie," Eren said. "Have you seen Armin?"

"Yep," Connie replied mindlessly.

"Where is he?" Eren asked.

"He left us," Connie said nonchalantly.

"Excuse me, did I hear that right?" Eren asked. "You said he 'left us?'"

"Yep, and he won't be able to see you," Connie stated.