The Mysterious Squeaking Noise

"I don't understand why we have to go to Taco Bell," Levi sneered at his friends. "This place is filthy and it causes me stomach illness."

"Then don't eat anything here-" Petra began, but she was stopped as soon as Levi slammed his hand against her mouth. She struggled trying to pry it off since he covered her nose too, but he was too busy focusing on something else. Finally he let go and she caught her breath.

"You nearly suffocated her!" Erwin pointed to Petra as she regained color to her face.

"Sh!" Levi shushed again. "Do you hear that?"

His friends listened. It was a rhythmic sound. It sounded like a slow squeaking sound. There was no other way to describe it.

"What is that mysterious squeaking noise?" Levi asked.

Everyone looked Levi, for they know that he has started something.

"It's kind of catchy," Isabel spoke up.

As Levi got up and walked around to investigate the noise, Erwin whispered something to Mike. He let out a single grunt and began to follow Levi.

And to the rhythm he sang:

"Mike. Mike. Sniff-a-lot Mike.

Mike. Mike. Sniff-a-lot Mike."

Immediately, Levi turned around. "What are you doing?"

Mike shrugged.

"Are you referencing something without my knowledge of it?" Levi asked.

Mike shrugged.

"Are you a man or a mouse?" Levi asked.

After a few long seconds of awkward staring, Mike shrugged once again. So, Levi groaned and continued his investigation of the mysterious squeaking noise.

And once again:

"Mike. Mike. Sniff-a-lot Mike.

Mike. Mike. Sniff-a-lot Mike."

This time, Hanji jumped in and exclaimed. "Hanji Zoe!"

And it continued.

"Mike. Mike. Sniff-a-lot Mike."

"Hanji Zoe!"

"Is-a-bel. Magnolia!" Isabel inserted her name to the squeaking sound.

"Nanaba. Nanaba," Nanaba started to follow the crowd who was now following an extremely agitated Levi.

Soon, Erwin joined in as well. "Erwin Smith. Erwin Smith. OH. Erwin Smith. Erwin Smith. Yeah!" He repeated.

Suddenly everyone one else froze except for Erwin and Mike.

"Mike."

"Erwin!"

"Mike!"

"Erwin!"

They repeated, growing in volume and frequency until Hanji burst through them both and pushed them aside shouting, "Hanji Zoe!"

"Naaaaanaba," She said her name as she shuffled awkwardly across the scene.

"Thank goodness Hanji still has her clothes on," Petra whispered to herself.

Soon, the symphony of names regained its normal pattern.

Then they came together in a dreadfully out of tune harmony and sang, "Singing our song. All day long for Leeeeevi."

Suddenly Levi stopped and raised his arm to his side, stopping the others. "I found the source of the Squeaking Noise. It's... It's...

Hanji Zoe taking a straw and pushing it in and out of a medium sized soft drink therefore making it sound like what would come from an out-of-tune viola?"

Everyone stared at Hanji who indeed was holding a medium sized soft drink.

"What was the point of this?" Levi asked.

"And once again," Erwin announced. "Levi is almost completely oblivious."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN:

If you don't get what I'm referencing look up "Harry Potter Puppet Pals The mysterious ticking noise" on YouTube.

Gurl, I'm all about the reference if you haven't noticed yet...