Christmas Spirit

Hanji pranced down the hallway in her ugly Christmas sweater with jingle bells attached to it. This confused several students since they thought that it was merely November. The only holiday that was coming around the corner was Thanksgiving.

Hanji continued to skip until she crashed into Isabel and Farlan, bringing them all down in a jingly mess.

"Hanji, why do you look like Santa married an ugly sweater and had you?" Farlan asked.

"Because it's Christmas!" Hanji exclaimed as she pulled even more jingle bells and festivities out of her pockets.

"It's not Christmas yet," Isabel innocently reminded. However, by the stunned and offended look on Hanji's face, it seemed as if Isabel had just spoken a curse. The abhorrent, vile words deeply perturbed Hanji's emotional and spiritual being. It was as if Isabel had damned her to an eternity to hell.

"What do you mean it's not Christmas?" Hanji spoke in a low and threatening tone.

Isabel took a step away only for Hanji to take a step closer. She glanced over at Farlan. "A little help here?"

"You're on your own, Izzy," Farlan said before he left Isabel to her potential doom.

"Um... You see..." Isabel laughed nervously. "I'm just saying, what about Thanksgiving-"

"What is this "giving of thanks" you speak of?" Hanji asked.

Isabel blinked at the Hanji. "You're kidding, right?"

"Do you fly?" Hanji asked

"What?" Isabel asked. "Hanji, Thanksgiving is an actual holiday!"

Hanji rubbed her chin. "Thanksgiving... Thanksgiving..." She said that word a few times as if she was trying to make sense of it.

"Ah!" Hanji exclaimed. "Is it when you thank people for giving you Christmas presents?"

Isabel facepalmed. "Why would you thank someone for a present that they may or may not give you a month later?"

"Because then they would have to give you a present," Hanji stated. Then, she put her hand on Isabel's shoulder and stared at her. "Thank you, for my Christmas present."

"What, no!" Isabel shouted. "Thanksgiving is the thing with the pilgrims and turkeys! Have you never had a thanksgiving pageant in kindergarten? Or made the hand turkeys or written what you were thankful for on a price of paper that your teacher put on the wall?"

"Doesn't ring a bell," Hanji replied nonchalantly causing Isabel to groan.

"What holidays are in November?" Isabel asked calmly.

"All Saint's, Veteran's, Black Friday, and the day before when you eat stuff to get you ready for Black Friday," Hanji replied.

Isabel stared at her friend for a good minute. "That day before Black Friday when you eat stuff to get you ready for Black Friday is Thanksgiving!" She stressed.

Hanji stared back at Isabel. For what seemed like a minute or so, they didn't say a thing. Suddenly, Hanji decided to break the silence.

"JUST HERE THOSE SLEIGH BELLS RINGING AND JING JING JINGLING TOOOOOOOOO!" She sang before prancing down the hallway and leaving Isabel alone. "COME ON ITS LOVELY WEATHER FOR A SLEIGH RIDE TOGETHER WITH YOUUUUUUUU!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~