Dissapointments of Astronomical Proportions

Hanji was sobbing. No, she wasn't pretending, she was actually sobbing. Hysterically. Her eyes were puffy and red as tears were constantly pouring down her face. She blew her nose into a tissue as she mumbled strange words that didn't make sense at all into Isabel's shoulder.

Isabel, awkwardly patting Hanji's back, was trying her best to calm the wailing child who was crying on one of her favorite sweaters.

Levi walked into the classroom. Seeing Hanji bawling her eyes out, he instantly knew what was wrong. He groaned as he walked up to them and took a seat next to Isabel. "What rare scientific occurrence have you missed this time?" He asked in the most monotone way possible.

"Apparently, there was a luner eclipse last night called the 'Blood Moon' and-" Isabel explained, but then Hanji interrupted.

"STUPID CLOUDS!" She cried out. "STUPID DAMN CLOUDS!"

"I heard something I wasn't supposed to hear," the teacher called out.

"I JUST MISSED A RARE LUNER ECLIPSE," Hanji bellowed back. "ITS EXCUSABLE!"

The teacher sighed and went back to organizing the papers that were on her desk.

Levi reached out his hand awkwardly at pat Hanji's back. "There. There." He said, immediately pulling his hand away and wiping it with disinfectant wipes.

"Don't 'there there' me," Hanji snapped back. "You do know that another one isn't going to happen for another 18 years?"

"So interesting," Levi sighed.

The second after, the class bell rang, initiating the period. During the entire class, Levi, Isabel, and any other student within a ten meter radius had to suffer from Hanji's frequent whining. After class, Isabel and Levi even had to drag her limp body out the door.

"We aren't going to drag you to your next class," Levi spat.

"I didn't see the pretty pretty moon," Hanji cried.

Isabel sighed, dropped Hanji's other arm, and began to walk away.

"Hey!" Levi called out. "Where are you going?"

"I have my next class on the opposite end of the school," Isabel stated. "I can't be late. Can you please take over?"

Levi stared at Hanji, then at Isabel. "Hell, no."

"Pretty please?" Isabel pouted.

Levi sighed. "Fine! Fine. Whatever."

"Love you, too, big bro," Isabel said jokingly.

"Yeah, yeah," Levi said in a bitter manner. He of course didn't mean it since Isabel was such a sweetheart, but literally dragging Hanji around was something he wouldn't have seen himself doing until they were at least the drinking age.

He began to pull Hanji faster once the hallways cleared a bit more, holding her foot and walking backwards down the halls. Suddenly, he bumped into someone, causing the both of them to lose their balance.

"What the-" Levi said as he immediately sprang back up. "Can't you see I'm busy dragging a dead body around school?"

"I'm sorry, I guess I didn't see you," said the other boy.

Levi looked at where they were at the moment. It was a valid excuse since they appeared to be at a crossroad of hallways. Levi sighed and held out his arm to help the other boy up, recognizing him. "We've met before," he stated.

"We have a few times, I guess," the boy responded. "You're Levi, right?"

Levi nodded. "You will have to remind me what your name is."

"Eren," the other boy responded with a smile.

Levi turned away immediately back to his emotionally dead friend and cleared his throat. "Um if you'll excuse me, I have to get this pile of shit to her class."

"I can help," Eren offered.

"That won't be necessary," Levi said as he picked up Hanji's feet once again.

"I should help since you seem smaller then her after all," Eren blurted out.

"What was that?" Levi snapped back.

"Nothing!" Eren choked on his words. "I mean, you look like you need help- wait, no... Just let me help."

Before Levi could protest, Eren ran over to lift Hanji's upper body. Levi sighed and led the way. "Follow me. Her class isn't that far away."

At first, they walked in silence, but then Eren spoke up. "So you're in 11th grade, right?"

Levi glanced at Eren. It almost seemed as if he forced himself to say something. Besides, since Eren was able to remember Levi's name so fast, he should have remembered his grade as well, right?

"Yes," Levi replied.

"So, um, do you mind me asking why your friend ended up like this?" Eren asked.

"She got sad about science," Levi stated.

"That sounds bizarre," Eren commented, but immediately he took his words back, most likely after realizing that Levi could have taken it as an insult on his friend. "I'm not calling your friend strange, just the situation." Eren looked away. Levi could almost swear his cheeks looked slightly pinker than before and hoped it wasn't the same case for himself.

Finally, they reached Hanji's class and dropped her body in front of the door. However, the warning bell rang, meaning there was one minute left to get to class.

"Shit," Eren cursed.

"You didn't have to stay behind to help with her, you know," Levi stated.

"Yeah," Eren rubbed the back of his neck.

"I don't mind being late to class, but I'm sorry if it caused you to be late," Levi forced out the "sorry."

"It's fine," Eren smiled. "The teacher likes me, so I can get off the hook."

"I see," Levi stated.

They stood for a second in silence before Eren spoke up once again. "You still have my number, right? From Christmas?"

"Yes," Levi answered.

Eren appeared to turn two shades redder than normal. "Just text me sometime," he said before walking away.

The entire time, Levi watched as the other boy stomped away from him, appearing quite sexually frustrated. Suddenly, he felt breathing on the back of his neck.

"LEVI HAS A CRUSHY WUSHY-" Hanji shouted, but Levi clasped her mouth shut and pinned her against the wall. However, he felt a wet, warm object glide across his palm and immediately drew his hand back.

"You just licked me!" He shouted in disgust.

Hanji walked away calmly as if nothing happened.

That day, Levi was late to his second period, but he cared very little. At the very end of the day, he glanced at his phone, sitting in the corner of his bed. He grabbed it and looked at the bright screen. It was 11 PM. Despite the possibility of him being asleep, he decided to send a text to a particular, interesting boy he met again that morning.

Eren replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN:

*rises from the ground through the ashes and smoke*

I have heard the plea of the ereri shippers and I answered. You asked, and I gave you water for your thirst of ereri.

Excuse my weirdness, It's late where I am...

So yeah, I completely forgot the fandom was about 91% ereri shippers. And considering that, I put in some cutsie ereri where Eren made Levi's heart go doki doki

Love,
~Avalon-chan (because this is a letter apparently... :/)