Mariachi Madness

"ANNIE!"

Oh dear, someone was screaming.

"What," Annie stated as she turned around to see Armin run up to her. He stopped right in front of her and hunched over, catching his breath.

"Just give... Me a.... Quick.... Second..." Armin panted. "Phew! Sorry I walked up and entire flight of stairs."

"Okay," Annie raised an eyebrow.

"So since its your birthday," Armin breathed heavily, "We got you what you wanted most!"

Annie's eyes shimmered with excitement. "You got me various ninja weapons?"

"Yep!" Armin smiled brightly. "But then Jean dropped it in the river so we had to settle for the next best thing. Your own mariachi band!"

Annie saw Reiner, Jean, and Eren shuffle into the scene with a trumpet, a maracas, and a guitar. They played a series of sounds which Annie assumed was supposed to be music. Unfortunately, it was hard to tell whether or not they were playing real notes.

"First of all, how is a mariachi band anything like a cool set of ninja weapons?" Annie asked.

"It's the next best option we had," Armin winced.

"It was my idea!" Reiner interjected.

"Like I care," Annie stated. "And Jean dropped the set into the river?" Annie rubbed her forehead.

"Yeah, I don't know how that happened," Armin admitted. "But now you have a mariachi band to follow you around."

Annie crossed her arms as she glanced at the idiots in the typical mariachi outfits. "And I want that because..."

"I don't know," Armin shrugged.

"You're welcome!" Reiner shouted.

"I said, shut the fuck up!" Annie bellowed.

Eren strummed a minor chord on his guitar.

"Why?" Annie asked.

"To symbolize anger!" Eren replied.

"You're stupid," Jean sneered.

"No you're stupid!"

"I'm not the one with a peanut for a brain!" Jean scolded as he whacked Eren's head with a maraca.

"I have a trumpet!" Reiner exclaimed.

"This is more like a punishment!" Annie groaned. "A gift card would have been nice!"

"I refuse to give gift cards for birthdays," Armin stated proudly as he placed both his hands on his hips.

"Well gee, thanks," Annie spat bitterly.

"I would also like to mention at least us guys actually went through the effort of putting together a present for you unlike the girls," Armin gloated.

"Where's Marco, Connie, and Bertolt, then?" Annie asked.

"They're the backup dancers," Armin pointed behind Annie. As she turned around she was nearly blinded by the sight of Bertolt, Marco, and Connie in tights and tutus, looking as uncomfortable as ever.

"I wanted to wear tights and a tutu but noooo!" Reiner complained. "I was the only one who knew how to play a trumpet-"

"NO ONE CARES, BRAUN," Armin and Annie shouted in unison.

"This is violating the dress code on an entirely different level," Annie uttered to herself while rubbing her forehead. "So why aren't the girls helping?"