Capture the Flag Pt. 1

Eren and his friends gathered in his back yard, filling ten bucketfuls of water balloons. Some of them also were filling up water guns for who knows what.

As Isabel and Farlan looked through the peephole in Erwin's fence, they wondered if it was worth joining the freshmen- well, now they are technically rising sophomores.

"No," Levi stated bitterly.

"Please," Hanji begged.

"No," Levi reiterated.

"Please?" It was Erwin this time.

"No!"

"Pretty please," Petra pitched in.

"We are not joining the freshmen!" Levi stated.

"Technically they are rising sophomores," Gunther commented.

"HEY YOU THERE!" Hanji shouted as she ran up to the fence and jumped. She hung onto the top, barely able to peek her head above the gate.

Eren and his friends stared at Hanji. "Whatcha doing?" She asked.

"Capture the flag with water weapons," Jean said.

"May we?" Hanji asked.

"HANJI!" Levi shouted.

"Give us a moment," Eren said as he huddled up the crew. "Should we?"

"Aw hell no," Jean rebutted. "We don't know them."

"We spent last Christmas with them, remember?" Reiner reminded him.

"It will be more challenging since you all are weak, and I am very strong," Mikasa said nonchalantly.

After a minute or so of debating, they finally came to a conclusion,

"You can join us," Eren shouted over the fence. Jean reluctantly opened the gate for them to come in.

Eren cleared his throat. "Welcome, fellow peers, to the 3rd Annual Capture the Flag Tournament!"

Most of the freshmen let out a cheer as well as Hanji. Everyone else just sat in silence.

"So what do we do?" Hanji exclaimed.

"We pick teams," Jean stated. "And since you joined our game, none of you guys get to be captain."

"Count me out," Levi stated as he begun to walk away, but Erwin stopped him.

"This will be fun!" Erwin forcibly pulled him back. "You will love it! You get to drench people and possibly hurt them."

Levi thought about it for a second. "I can inflict pain on them with water balloons... count me in."

"Alright!" Connie explained. "I call we make team leaders Jean and Eren."

Everyone else exclaimed in approval. Besides, they were both competitive against each other. It was as if they were born rivals.

"Who chooses first?" Marco asked.

"Pick a number between 1 and 10," Connie stated.

"Five!" Eren shouted.

"Two!" Jean said right after.

"The number was one, so Jean gets first choice," Connie stated.

Eren angrily cursed to himself while Jean gave him a smirk. "Mikasa."

She had a deadpan look on her face as she walked over to his side.

"Oh yeah? Well, um... Levi!" Eren said.

"Kill me now," Levi stated.

For the sake of simplifying, the Jean's team consist of: Mikasa, Reiner, Annie, Erwin, Sasha, Marco, Gunther, Petra, Erd and Auruo.

And Eren's team consists of: Levi, Bertolt, Armin, Farlan, Mike, Hanji, Ymir, Christa, Isabel, and Connie.

It was agreed that Eren's team or the Red team, would set their base his own house, using a red cloth for the flag. Jean's team, the blue team was doing the same thing, except they were bunking in Connie's house, which was two streets down.

Once the blue team has received a text from the red team, the game was to commence after the blue team sends an "ok". When you are out, you stay out. The team who wins are either the only team standing, or the one who captures the flag. The front gates were opened to the backyard since that is where the flag has to be. And no one was allowed to hide the flag or else they will be disqualified from the games.

The red team put some pain on their cheeks to distinguish the difference as well as the blue team. Even Levi did it after a few minutes of persuading

"Okay," Eren gathered them all. "Ymir, Connie, you are both staying here and guarding the flag."

"I don't get to go with Christa?" Ymir asked.

"No," Eren replied. "Because I know you won't be able to focus when you're with her."

Ymir shrugged. "Smart."

"Armin, you go with Mike to see if you can find another way to sneak in," Eren stated. "Christa, Hanji, Bertolt. You're outside the house on defense. Everyone else is in the front lines, got it?"

Everyone nodded.

The red team sent the "ok" to the blue team, waiting for their reply.

∾◦☼◦∾

"Annie, Sasha, guard the flag," Jean said. "Since Eren has Armin, they probably have a team sneaking about strategically. Who here is a smartass?"

All of the sophomores on the team pointed at Erwin.

"So pick a guy or two and you two have to defend any other possible secret routes," Jean stated.

"How about you, Auruo?" Erwin asked.

"Yes, sir!" They exclaimed at once. The other Sasha, Marco, and..." He pointed to a sophomore.

"Gunther."

"Gunther, Defense," Jean completed his thought. "Everyone else front lines." His phone beeped. "Are we ready guys?"

Everyone nodded. Jean sent the text and then put his fist in the air. "For victory!

"For victory!" Most of the peers repeated.

"For Sparta!" Sasha shouted.

This time, everyone shouted it into the sky before they scattered to their positions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~