Lame Puns Day

"I don't want to go to bio," Bertolt complained as he frantically flipped through his biology notes. "Apparently the cellular respiration test is extremely hard."

"I already took that," Annie stated.

"How was it?" Bertolt asked.

"I think I failed," she answered.

Suddenly, Reiner began to snicker. His two friends paused and stared at him in confusion. He calmed himself down just to get into another fit of laughter.

"What's wrong with you?" Annie crossed her arms.

"I just thought of the lamest joke ever," Reiner said.

Bertolt and Annie glance at each other before continuing. "What is it?" Bertolt asked.

"I was thinking," Reiner snickered. "What if you just walked out, waved, and said, 'bi-o!'" He began to laugh again. "Because it sounds like 'bye' and you're leaving-"

"We get it," Bertolt interrupted.

"That may have been the stupidest thing I have heard that came out of anyone's mouth," Annie declared.

"More than Annie-thing else?" Reiner added.

Annie face palmed, "Idiot."

"I am declaring today Lame Puns Day!" Reiner shouted. "Let the lame puns begin!"

✎➕➖✖➗✐

Two blocks later, Reiner was in band. He went to the back of the room and into the old storage closet. He pulled out a banjo and went back to his friends.

"Hey Connie, you're tuba sounds off," Reiner said. "In fact, we all sound bad. We really need to GUIT-AR shit together." He strummed the strings of the banjo, which sounded dreadfully out of tune.

His friends stared at him.

Annie walked away from the conversation because she already heard enough crappy puns for the day. Bertolt face palmed while everyone else was confused.

"Reiner, that's a banjo," Ymir pointed to it with her clarinet.

"Well I might have to BAN-JO ass from the cool cats club if you can't use your imagination," Reiner said.

"Reiner," Bertolt rubbed his forehead, "please, stop. These puns are worse than you think."

"The beauty of a pun," Reiner said in a sophisticated voice, "is in the eye of the bertoltholder."

"Damnit Reiner!" Bertolt shouted.

"Screw you guys," Ymir stated. "I'm getting a drink if water."

Reiner attempted to wriggle his eyebrows. Attempted. "Oh, someone's thirsty."

Ymir turned around and gave him the finger.

"That's it, I'm packing my bags to go to Idaho. Or anywhere that's far enough from you and your lame puns," Connie said.

"Idaho?" Reiner questioned. "Why does it have to be Idaho? Why can't it be Udaho?"

"Dammit Reiner!" Connie cried out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~