Frogs

"Okay, class," The biology teacher clapped. "We will be dissecting frogs today!"

The whole class let out what sounded like a mixture of excitement and disgust.

"Alright, get in groups of four or five," she instructed, and it didn't take long for the class to assemble.

"Hey, Bertolt, Mikasa, Marco, you want to be in the same group?" Armin asked.

"Yeah, sure," Bertolt nodded.

"Let's go! Dream team!" Marco laughed.

"Dream team!" Armin repeated as they made their way over to the lab station.

Meanwhile, Farlan, Isabel, Erd, and Gunther had created a group themselves and was ready to roll.

"Okay," Farlan asked. "Who wants to do the fun stuff?"

"I do!" Gunther exclaimed. However, after taking one look at the frog, he began to quiver. "Why does it look so rubbery? And why does it have better thighs than me?"

"Step aside, noob," Erd shoved Gunther.

"The other groups are already starting..." Isabel pointed out, and indeed she was right. In fact, the freshman were far more into it than they were.

"Scalpel," Armin stated as he held out his hand.

Bertolt stood next to him and immediately handed him a scalpel.

"Probe," Armin asked, and he received.

"Scissors," Armin asked. Bertolt handed it to him, and he focused on the frog, pulling out a tiny organ. "Found its heart."

"Let's do this," Erd cracked his fingers. "Farlan, you are my assistant... Pointy stick thingy!"

Farlan stared at Erd. "You have got to be more specific."

"The scalpel," Erd clarified. Farlan handed him what he asked for. Erd made a clear cut down the middle of the frog's stomach. There was a sight of a large mass of small balls gathered in the front.

"What the heck is that?!" Isabel jumped.

"Eggs," Farlan answered. "It's a woman."

"Oh ho ho, looks like we have a lady, boys," Gunther said in a creepy tone.

"I feel terribly uncomfortably eavesdropping on the sophomore's conversations," Mikasa stated to her group.

"Can I try?" Bertolt asked.

"Yeah, sure," Armin handed him the instruments of torture after death while he read off the paper. "If you move away the masses of fat, you will be able to get to its stomach. Above the stomach is the-"

"I've got its tongue," Bertolt stated nonchalantly while holding a dark pink squishy thing with tweezers.

"Why did you take out its tongue?" Marco asked.

"I have silenced it," Bertolt replied.

"But it's already dead-" Mikasa commented, but she was interrupted by Bertolt.

"Then I have silenced him again..." Bertolt fixed his previous statement.

"Just give me the tools," Armin sighed.

Isabel glanced back at their station to see Erd violently probing at the frog. "Aren't we supposed to follow the instructions?"

"Fuck da police!" Erd stated.

Just as he said that, a horrendous smell filled the area around them. They all gagged and coughed.

"What is that?" Gunther asked.

"Let's see," Farlan picked up the paper. "Where are you poking at?"

Gunther glanced at the frog. "Somewhere below the small intestine or something."

"It says," Farlan scanned the printed instructions. "If you cut too low on the frog, you may smell something foul..." He read. "That is fecal matter."

The four of them stared at each other, then at Gunther.

"Great job, Gunther," Erd spat sarcastically. "You found frog shit."

However, they were quickly distracted as the freshman group began to grow louder.

"Armin! Stop violently stabbing the frog from the inside of its mouth!" Mikasa ordered.

"But I wanna see its brain!" Armin exclaimed as continued.

"Armin, you are literally scaring me," Bertolt spoke up.

"Says the guy who cut out the frog's tongue!" Marco said.

"Armin," Mikasa called. "Put the weapon down."

"No!" Armin protested.

"I know it's hard for you, but put the weapon down," Mikasa continued. "There is no need to violate the frog."

"Mikasa should be a psychiatrist," Bertolt muttered to Marco.

"I think it's just because she's used to saying this to Eren all the time to calm him down," Marco replied.

Armin began to calm down until he saw the Sophomores carry their tray to the trash can. "What happened to your frog?"

Gunther and the others stared down at their tray, then to Armin.

Erd sat the frog upright. "She's ready to be thrown away."

"I think he means why are all of its limbs cut off as well as its eyeball and entire lower jaw," Mikasa stated.

"It's a salad now," Gunther stated. "Bye."

They all stared at the sophomores weirdly as they threw their poor dismembered frog away.

"Well if they got to violate their frog, so can I!" Armin stated.

"Nu..." Mikasa said dramatically. "When have you become Eren?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~