Torture

"A fine morning to you, miserable maggots!" Shadis bellowed. "Just kidding, I hope it goes terrible."

Farlan turned to face Levi. "Wow, is he always this mean?" He whispered.

"Yeah," Levi stated. "And after this entire year, we're still not used to it."

"Two miles! 8 laps! 16 minutes!" Shadis shouted.

"That is literally impossible," Erd whined.

"DID I HEAR COMPLAINING? Shadis searched the crowd.

"You're dead, son!" Auruo joked to Erd.

"Out on the track," Shadis pointed to the nearest exit. "NOW."

"Holy shit, he's terrifying," Farlan cringed.

The friends walked to the door and opened it. Suddenly a strong, cold wind welcomed them to the outside.

"It's so cold!" Petra shivered.

"At least we won't sweat," Levi stated.

"How is that a good thing? Not sweating is unnatural when doing exercise," Auruo stated.

"But it's damn filthy," Levi stated as he simply walked straight ahead.

"Are you not cold?" Farlan asked, rubbing his hands together.

Auruo laughed. "He's basically immune to the cold because he's made of it."

"There's a reason why his cold stares are so deadly," Erd shivered.

Once they reached the track, they lined up at the start.

"Alright!" Shouted Shadis with a nice, warm, jacket. "I want to see each and every one of you run this entire thing in under 16 minutes. If you do not make it in that time, you will have to run one more lap for each lap you didn't make under the time limit. Is that clear?"

"Yessir!"

"Good!" Shadis nodded. He then took out a whistle and blew it. The kids took off as he started the timer.

Instantly, the chilling winds blew against the kids.

"I swear, I'm going to die of either frostbite or hypothermia!" Erd stated. "Maybe both!"

"This is quote cruel," Petra remarked in between breaths.

"I knew it!" Erd held up his fist victoriously. "Shadis is a dictator!"

"You know this is technically torture, right?" Farlan stated.

"Tell me about it," Erd groaned.

"No seriously," Farlan continued. "Torturing is causing the fullest amount of physical pain or psychological discomfort without killing someone. And what are we doing right now?"

"Being pushed to the farthest extent without dying," Petra answered.

"You're right!" Erd laughed. "Shadis is the dictator of growing adolescents!"

"Mine favorite is George Washington!" Auruo pitched in.

They all stated at Auruo.

"George Washington wasn't a dictator," Levi corrected.

"Shut up, Napoleon Bonaparte! We don't know that," Auruo snapped back.

"No, I'm pretty sure we know that," Farlan said.

"What- ever," Auruo breathed heavily. "Why am I so out of breath?"

"It's because your feet and mouth is running and it uses twice the energy," Levi stated as he pulled ahead.

"You go, Levi!" Erd cheered.

"Moral support!" Petra added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN:
Holy shit, this book is approaching 10K reads. Maybe I'll hold a contest or something... *gestures violently as a hint*