Joe Imagine: Eye Surgery

Requested by @FangirlOfTheUniverse. Writing this imagine was interesting. I hope I didn't screw it up!!

"Joe, I'm scared." You sighed grasping on to his hand as you two sat in the doctors office.

"You'll be fine (Y/N). It's just a cataract surgery. I've seen Bronx do it a million times online!" Joe said trying to lighten the mood.

"That's not funny Joseph. What if I can never see again?"

"Don't think that way baby. You're gonna go in there and come out just fine. I know it." You sighed and hugged Joe.

"I just...my eyes are the one thing in this world I don't wanna lose because I'm afraid if I lose them, I'll lose you too." You confessed with tears in your eyes.

"(Y/N), is that what you really think? Because that's not true. Even if, God forbid, you lose your eyesight, I'd be with you every step of the way. Making sure you were walking the right way, you were staying safe, and that you were being taken care of. All those things I just said, those are my jobs right now as your boyfriend and even if you can't see, as your boyfriend, those are still my jobs. I love you (Y/N)." Joe explained before kissing you. You kissed back and them pulled away with the tears running down your face.

"I love you too Joey." You sniffled. A nurse popped her head out and looked at you.

"(Y/N) (L/N), the doctor will see you now." She said. You looked at Joe and kissed him one last time before standing up.

"I'll see you later baby." Joe said. You sighed and cracked a small smile.

"Wish I could say the same."you chuckled weakly before walking to the operating room.

To be continued...