Pref #34: You Lose Someone Important

*WARNING!!! MAY CAUSE TEARS!!!*

Patrick:

You say by your best friends hospital bed stroking her hair softly.

"You'll be okay (F/N). I know you will." You sniffled, wiping your eyes with your knuckles. Your friend took your hand in theirs and smiled weakly.

"(Y/N), you knew I had cancer. You knew the treatments weren't helping, they were just keeping me here longer." They said softly.

"Then let them keep you forever!" You yelled through clenched teeth, tears now flowing freely.

"I'm tired (Y/N). Please understand I don't want to leave you. I'm just...tired." You sobbed and covered your mouth.

"How much longer do you have now?" You asked.

"Not that long." They replied. You laid your head on your friends arm and cried.

"(Y/N), stop it. I have to tell you something, well more like you need to promise me something." (F/N) said. You looked up at them and wiped your eyes.

"Patrick's here with you right." They asked.

"Yeah." You sniffled.

"He stood by this whole time didn't he?"

"Yeah, he even left band practice to make sure I got here."

"Promise me you'll stay with him. I need you to promise me when I'm gone, you won't shut him out."

"(F/N), stop talking like that. Maybe the cancer will stop and you can stay with me and Patrick. We'll take good care of you." (F/N) smiled and kissed your forehead lightly.

"The only person you and Patrick need to take care of is you. I love you (Y/N) and I always will." They said. You sniffled and cried some more.

Then they flatlined.

You continued to cry and ran out of her hospital room and into Patrick's arms. He caught you as you cried into his chest.

"(Y/N), are they...?" Patrick asked. You nodded your head and cried some more.

"You'll be okay. I'll make sure your okay." He soothed, rubbing your back.

"Please, just take me home and hold me Patrick. That's all I need right now." You sniffled. Patrick nodded his head and let you lean on him as you two left the hospital.

Pete:

"Mom? Mom please wake up!" You cried shaking your moms arm. She wasn't really your mom, but a woman who took you in and treated you like her own. She was laying on the bathroom floor with a bottle of pain killers.

"Mom!" You screamed into the seemingly empty house as the tears from your eyes fell on her face. You already called your boyfriend Pete and 911. Shortly after the police came to put your mom in the ambulance, Pete showed up.

"Baby, what's wrong? Why are the police here?" Pete asked pulling you into a hug.

"Moms dead." You sobbed. Pete's eyes went wide as he pulled out of the hug.

"Mom? What happened to her?" Pete asked. She meant everything to Pete too. Even he called her mom.

"She took too much pain killers. I can't believe moms gone." You sniffled wiping your eyes.

"We're gonna get through this (Y/N). Mom would've wanted us to be strong." Pete said hugging you again.

"Yeah, but I just can't believe she's gone."

"Me neither baby." Pete kissed the top of your head and you two walked to his car.

Joe:

You sat in the hospital waiting room flipping through magazines. Joe was in for another back surgery after he went too hard on stage the other night. You weren't worried because you'd seen Joe's back surgery procedure before. The only time you got worried was when a doctor came out to you.

"Mrs. Trohman?" He called into the waiting room.

"That's me." I replied standing up.

"Um, your husband wants to see you." You followed the doctor to Joe's room where he was laying on his chest.

"Joey, you wanted to see me?" You said walking over to his bed.

"(Y/N), hey baby! I just wanted to see your beautiful face after my surgery." He smiled. You giggled and kissed him.

"How you feeling?" You asked rubbing his hand with your thumb.

"Well, my back sort of hurts." Joe complained with a pained look on his face. You turned to the doctor questioningly.

"Is that normal?" You asked.

"No, no it's not. Joseph, I'm gonna take a look at your back." The doctor said. He opened the back of Joe's hospital gown to see a nasty infection.

"Oh god, I need a team of doctors in here stat!" The doctor yelled.

"W-What's going on?" You stuttered.

"Your husband has an infection and we need to fix him now before it kills him." The doctor said pushing you out of the room. You saw Joe's scared eyes stare into yours. You sat back down in the waiting room a bit more worried. When the doctor came back out an hour later, you ran over to him.

"Is Joseph alright?" You asked.

"Mrs. Trohman, your husband is gone. We did all we could, but we couldn't save him." The doctor said remorseful. You covered your mouth with your hand and tears you had in your eyes started pouring out.

"How'd he even get the infection?" You sobbed.

"A nurse, she didn't have to proper gloves on when tending to Joseph and gave him the infection." The doctor explained.

"So, you're saying the nurse killed my husband."

"Mrs. Trohman, it was an accident."

"No! I'm gonna sue this hospital. I'm gonna sue it until you people here are out of a job! How dare you take the most important man in my life away from me!" You left the hospital in tears remembering the smile Joe had on his face when you first saw him and the scared look he had the last time you saw him.

Andy:

You stood over the grave and cried. Andy came up behind you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder and sighed.

"You alright (Y/N)?" He asked.

"Of course not! He's gone Andy. I'll never see him again." You sobbed. Andy wiped your eyes and kissed the side of your head.

"Mr. Truffles is in a better place." He said touching the tombstone of your deceased pet cat.

"But I'm gonna miss him so much." You sighed leaning your head on Andy's shoulder.

"I know. Let's go inside and watch Mr. Truffles favorite movie: The Aristocats." You and Andy walked inside to watch the movie.

A/N: I'm leaving for vacation today!!

Bad news: God knows when I'll have wifi again. Updates may not come everyday and I apologize for that.

I also posted a new story!!! It's this idea I have on making a story about the fall out kids from the daddy preferences. Zander's was posted yesterday and today I'm posting Diana's. Night guys and thanks for reading.