Pete Imagine: Don't Blink

A/N: That title tho ;)

You sat at the lunch table while the rest of your friends held a conversation. You weren't really interested so while they talked, you stared into the space ahead of you. Coincidentally, another guy from a different table was staring right at you.

Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz lll

You'd seen Pete around but he wasn't exactly the type to make waves around school. Well, neither were you so you couldn't judge.

Pete stared at you with a slight smirk tugging on his lips. You smiled in curiosity and noticed he hadn't blinked since making eye contact with you.

He wanted a staring contest.

You smiled wider and set your chin on your hands. Pete smiled and mirrored you position. All the noise suddenly disappeared and it was like only you and Pete were in the cafeteria. Pete looked perfectly comfortable staring you down while your eyes were starting to burn. You wanted to blink but you would be damned if you lost.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)...(Y/N)!" One of your friends yelled. You flinched and blinked at the same time.

"Dammit." You muttered. You turned to your friend after.

"What?" You asked.

"It's time for class. You coming?" She asked. As you were about to answer someone spoke up for you.

"Actually, she was walking with me today. Sorry." Pete said with that smirk on his face. Your friend looked between you and Pete before walking off. Pete turned to you as you stood from your seat.

"You lost." He smiled.

"Yeah I know." You sighed.

"Can I claim my prize now?"

"What prize?"

"One date. We go out for pizza, get to know each other a little better and I get to take you home."

"Really?"

"Really." You looked at Pete and scoffed.

"One date?" You asked.

"And more if you want." He winked. You giggled and stared at him.

"You're lucky your cute. 7 o'clock on Friday. You should text me." You said giving him your phone number. You two started to walk to class which you shared.

"Oh and by the way, thanks for the staring contest. It gave me a better excuse to stare at you." Pete said kissing your cheek. You blushed which Pete just chuckled.