Patrick Imagine: I Remember

A/N: This is sorta kinda loosely based off of Dad's Song by Set It Off only because I was listening to it when I got the idea.

~Do you believe in happy endings?
Or the mendings of human hearts?~

Patrick sat on his couch holding your brown teddy bear that he bought for your one month anniversary nearly two years ago. He remembered the happy look on your face when he pulled it out. Patrick felt his heart break once again and felt the familiar lump in his throat. He attempted to swallow them back and put down the teddy bear, putting away the memories of you.

~If you'd occasionally happen to spy on me
You'd think I'm having one sided conversations~

Patrick sat in the studio strumming his guitar as he saw you smiling and cheering for him.

"Good job baby! It sounds amazing." You cheered. Patrick smiled.

"Thanks (your nickname). I wrote it thinking about you." Patrick replied blushing.

"Who's he talking to?" Joe asked watching Patrick having a conversation with himself.

"Probably (Y/N)." Andy replied.

"(Y/N)? But she's-" Joe started.

"Leave it Joe. Patrick's still trying to get over her. Whatever he needs to do." Pete replied looking at his friend in worry.

~Oh what I'd give, for just another hug from you
You may be gone, but love will never die~

Patrick looked at your picture on his nightstand and started to remember your warm hugs. The way you'd hug him after a long day at work, after he came back from a long tour, when you were sad, or when you just wanted to be held by him. Even though you were gone, Patrick couldn't get over you. He'd forever love you and couldn't stand the fact of actually getting back into the dating life. He just laid there and thought about you and your touch.

~Tears can't run dry, when I start to cry
When I hear people speak of how you'd be so proud of me~

Patrick stood with his Woodie award to show his parents.

"Patrick, this is amazing!" His dad exclaimed. Patrick smiled with pride.

"He's right. (Y/N) would be so proud." His mom said smiling sympathetically. Patrick nearly dropped the award and froze. Patrick's dad shot his mom a look.

"Oh! Patrick, I'm sorry." She apologized. Patrick forced a weak smile with tears blurring his vision.

"I-it's fine mom. (Y/N) always said w-we'd make it someday. She...she said she'd be able to be there with me when we go down in history. She just always knew." Patrick said starting to cry in the middle of his speech. His mom pulled him into her arms.

"I miss her so much mom." He sobbed.

"I know baby, I know." His mom sighed rubbing his back soothingly.

~Wherever I go I know that you'll be near~

Patrick sat on the plane to go to Japan. He'd been there with you and the guys countless times. You and Pete had always been fond of green tea Kit-Kats while Patrick never actually got the hype. He looked out the window and imagined you were next to him, holding your hand all the way there.

~I finally wrote your song at last,
Sorry that this one came out so sad~

Patrick looked down at the sheet music he was working on for months. He pulled out his phone and called Pete.

"Hello?" Pete answered.

"Pete? It's Patrick." Patrick said.

"Hey man. What's up?"

"I have a song. It's a song about (Y/N)."

"Oh. Do you need some support or something?"

"I want it on the album. I just need something to honor her by. Just met me at the studio and call the guys."

"Sure. Whatever Patrick."

"Thanks." Patrick hung up the phone and jumped in his car, he drove down the road to the studio. The same road you traveled that day. That day that changed his life forever. The day when you were taken from Patrick by a man who thought it was okay to be drunk at 2 in the afternoon. Patrick wiped his eyes and continued the drive. When he got to the studio, he set up his guitar. The other guys came shortly.

"Come on guys. I have the sheet music here. Just use this." Patrick said shoving papers at everyone.

"You heard the man. Let's get started." Pete said plugging in his bass.

*8 hours later*

"Finally, it's done." Patrick said smiling sadly. He watched as Pete uploaded it to the album file. Joe and Andy had to run home quickly but Pete decided to stay with Patrick.

"I bet (Y/N)'s really glad you did this for her." Pete said softly.

"I hope." Patrick said smiling proudly and sadly.

"She loved you."

"And I loved her. God, I hope she hears this."

~My guardian angel until the very end~

Patrick stood at the side of the stage with fear in his eyes. He quickly closed his eyes and thought of you as he always did before leaving to perform. He opened his eyes, looked at his screen saver of the two of you on your two year anniversary and smiled to himself, letting a few tears slip.

"Keep me safe (Y/N) and help me have a good show." He muttered kissing the screen, before walking out on stage to sing the first song, your song.