Chapter 5: Captured

TW: Cussing, Captivity, Breathing Struggles

*****************************

Dream was screaming his lungs and gills out. But the dumb merman just wouldn't move! Desperate, Dream swam towards him to pull him away. Too late.

The net hit the merman and pushed him forward. When Dream realized the net was heading right towards him, it was already to late.

Then the net got pulled towards the edge of the water. Dream tried everything he could to get out, just like the atleast 400 fishes around them. He tried cutting it with his teeth, but it didn't work. Soon, the merman joined him, although he couldn't do much with his small humanlike teeth.

Suddenly, Dream could feel cold air on his skin and scales. His lungs started working immediatly. Behind him, he could hear sharp gasps for air. He managed to turn around in the tight net and saw the merman gasping for air desperatly.

A memory shot through his brain. The voice of his father. "Unlike us sirens, mermaids don't have lungs, meaning they can't breathe outside of the water. A mermaid out of the water is a dead mermaid."

Dreams eyes widened. Shit, shit, shit, he thought, what the hell do I do?! But before he could think further, the net was opened at the bottom. Both of them fell on the ground.

Dream liftet himself up as good as he could and looked around. They were lying on a rather big ship, which was build out of white coulored metal and light brown wood. Atleast a dozen humans stood around them, gasping and pointing their webless fingers at them.

Dream hissed, showing his sharp teeth. Then he turned to the other side. The merman was lying on the ground, still gasping for air.

The humans started talking. Two of them carefully grabbed the merman, one at the shoulders, one at the tail, lifted him up and carried him away.

Anger and panic flooded Dream. No, no, no! They can't take him! I can't loose him! We haven't even talked properly! But the humans closed the circle around him and Dream couldn't see the merman anymore.