Chapter 87: The Secret Lair

TW: Cursing, Mentions of Fights and Captivity

*****************************

George felt his face warm up, knowing very well that compliment was not meant for the fish. "I-I...

Ugh, you're so annoying!" He pushed the siren away.
"Aw, come on, you're not gonna let me compliment you for once?!"

But George didn't answer anymore, he was looking at something else.

The fish had suddenly swam down and were now splitting up and swimming apart into many different directions, revealing a huge room opening below them, bigger than twice the size of the throne room.

The walls were filled with paintings and overgrown by small plants like algae. Many different fish and other underwater animals like turtles were swimming in the center above a big library. In the middle of it was a huge drawing, it looked quite similar to a map, but not of any place in the ocean George knew. Weapons were lying all over the floor, it looked like there had been a huge fight here.

The water smelled rotten and didn't have a lot of oxygen, the place looked like it had been forgotten by sirenkind a long time ago.

"Wh... What is this place?", George whispered. "No idea...", Dream mumbled beside him. More and more rebels were being spit out by the stone corridor behind them.

"Whoo! Secret room!", Sapnap yelled after he had gotten over the first shock. "Oh, wait, even better, evil lair! Dream, you're a genius!" "This is not my doing, Sap", Dream explained annoyedly. "Come on, don't be shy, give yourself a little credit!" Sapnap hugged Dream from behind, but he shook him off. "It was not my idea to be here, Sapnap!", he hissed. That shut the other siren up.

"More importantly", George cut in, "how do we get out?"

The group turned around and looked back into the corridor they had came out of. The flow blew their hair back, a clear You-can't-get-out-this-way message.

"Well, shit."