Chapter 26: Fun

TW: Captivity

*****************************

"Dream! Catch!" George yelled. A bright smile was written all over his face. Beautiful, Dream thought.

They were playing with a little ball the humans had given them. The problem was that the ball was filled with air, so the most challenging part was catching it before it would flow to the surface.

The game was so much more fun than Dream had expected it to be, which was mainly because of George. He seemed to really love this game and was getting calmer around Dream every day, which made the siren happy. He loved seeing George smile and hearing his beautiful laugh. It was really starting to feel like they were actually friends.

And when this is over?, Dream thought, heart sinking like a stone. Will we still be friends? I'm a siren... Would he still want to be friends with me? Or is he just doing this because I'm the only one here? Once were out of this... is he gonna ditch me? Dream didn't want that. He didn't even want to think about that.

Even though he had friends at home, he knew none of them could replace George. He was special, in a way Dream just couldn't really explain. Their friendship was worth everything he had and more. But did George feel the same about it?

A loud splash thankfully interrupted his thoughts. The humans had thrown a white board into the tank, just a bit bigger than Dreams head. They also threw some of the colourful things they always carried around in there, Dream remembered they had given them to him on his first day aswell.

He carefully picked one of them up. "Hey! It's your turn to get the ball!", George yelled from behind. He must have thrown it while I was thinking. "Come on, those things are boring!" George pouted. "Just leave them there!"

"And what if I don't?" Dream turned around with a smirk, the board in his left, the colourful sticks in his right hand. "You'll go cry in the corner? Go on."

"Maybe I will..." George sniffed, swam over to the right corner in the back and lied down there, crying.

A shock flooded through Dream. No, no, no, I actually made him cry! He let go of the stuff from the humans immediatly and swam over to George. "George, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!", he apologized desperatly. "Too late...", George whispered in tears.

Dream was startled. "H-how can I make it up to you?!", he asked. George seemed to think about it for a moment. "Throw them out", he pouted then. "Alright..." Dream swam over to the things and threw them out. "Happy?"

"Yes!" George smiled again, but it was a mischievous smile. And then Dream realized. "You were playing this, weren't you?!", he hissed.

"Aw, are you mad at me now?", George asked in a tone in which he normally talked to babys. "Hmpf." Of course Dream wasn't mad, just a bit surprised.

"But I gotta admit", he gave in, "you're a pretty good actor..." George smirked. "I know."

Suddenly, Dream got an idea. "Wait... that could maybe help us get out of here!"