Chapter 106: Purple and Green

TW: Cursing, Mentions of Abuse, Mentions of Slavery

*****************************

Alright... now I just have to-

"Prince George?"

Shit!

Sneaking into the castle despite being an actual inhabitant had been a lot more difficult than George had expected, not even mentioning needing hours to even find the way back before. And now that he had finally made it he had to be discovered!

But it wasn't surprising, the sun was about to rise judging by the few beams of sunlight covering everything in a redish shine of light, which meant breakfast was already being prepared and the only way back into the castle just so happened to be the servants entrance, which ended up leading George into the part of the castle where the servants and maids lived eventually.

George turned around, putting a bright smile on his lips. "Yes?" "What are you doing here?"

The servant who had just caught him turned out to be Karl, a short merman with fluffy brown hair, brown eyes and a wierd tail with purple and green swirls, because of which he had always been an outcast.

The only reason the king had let him work in the castle was that his father was some important business guy. All other places Karl had applied to had always found some reason not to accept him and his family had gotten restless and attemted to sell him as a special curiosity. Because of that, Karl had requested shelter at the castle.

Normally he wouldn't have gotten it, but thanks to him the illegal operation that he was supposed to be sold to had been shut down, which a lot of people didn't appreciate and he had to be hidden from them.

Atleast in the castle nobody would see his abnormality as long as he did what he was told and hid when there were important guests.

He was one of George's few friends, which gave him a perfect excuse, he realized. "I, uh... I wanted to visit you", he stuttered awkwardly.

"Why?", Karl asked in a suspicious tone. They were friends, but not that close.

"Yeah, I know. I just... well, you know how I was missing?" Karl nodded, still suspicious. "I realized that I had been quite distant towards the only real friends I had. And I... wanted to change that. So... you want to... uh... catch up?", he asked, smiling awkwardly.

Karl was quiet for a second, but then he smiled. "Sure!"