Chapter 82: Who is Prince Clay?

TW: Mentions of Captivity, feeling trapped and Death

*****************************

Close to the border of the two kingdoms, George was taken over by a siren.

She was quiet and seemed eager to fulfill her task, she never let George out of sight until they arrived in the city where she had to put a blanket over him to avoid citizens freaking out when they realized he was a merman.

When they arrived at the castle, George had created a little story that might not get him killed, or so he hoped. After all, he couldn't be the person the prince was asking for, right? 'George' was a common name among the merfolk.

Punz did say Dream was the prince and he seemed serious about it, but the thought alone seemed so ridiculous to him George almost laughed out loud trying to imagine his dorky funny siren friend with the wierd human bags covering his fins to be the siren prince.

Thinking about it, he didn't know much about the prince... there was a very dark old memory in the back of his head, something about the birth of a siren prince and a present his father had to give to the king of the sirens as a sign of respect.

Suddenly, George realized that just like him, the prince must not have gotten out much. He had basicially been locked in the castle his entire life because of the conflicts and it probably hadn't been any different for Prince Clay.

George felt himself pitying the other prince a little. He hadn't thought so much about being stuck in the castle, but had just tried to make the best out of it, befriending servants, cooks and suppliers and their children.

Sure, he had been a little jealous sometimes when people like Tommy, the son of a farmer who brought food to the castle kitchen twice a week, told him about his freedom to go wherever he wanted and the open sea that George had never actually seen before.

But he could imagine others might feel sort of trapped in similar situations.

What kind of person was the prince? Had he maybe just requested some random 'George' as a companion?

As much as George hated the thought of being some spoiled brats new best friend, he could understand it.

But maybe he was all wrong.

He would have to wait and see...