Chapter 93: Prince George

TW: Cursing

*****************************

"Hey, get a room, you two!"

George froze in shock and pushed Dream away from himself.

He turned around to see the person who had yelled that, the owner of the shop they had spotted.

The guy came over to them. With a quick hasty movement, George covered Dream's body with his own as best as he could, his cheeks a flaming red.

"Alright, I'm sorry, but ya gotta continue that shit elsewhere", the guy announced. "I'm trying to sell some stuff here."
"R-right, my apologies, sir", George sputtered.

Suddenly, the guy's eyes narrowed and he looked George up and down suspiciously. "Hol' up..."

Please don't recognize me, please don't recognize me..., George silently prayed.
"Damn... your highness?!"
Well, crap.

George grabbed the guy's arm and pulled him into the tunnel he and Dream had come out of earlier. "Okay, yes, but you can't tell anyone", he begged.

The merman freed his arm and backed away. "Oh, by Neptune... You really are Prince George..."

"Wait, prince?!"

I completely forgot about him..., George thought. Dream swam in the opening of the tunnel, green eyes widened in shock.
"Uh, well...

...Yes?"

"..."

"I just almost kissed the prince of the merfolk?!"

"Well, I suppose that's one way to put it", the shop owner hummed.

Dream covered his mouth and backed away, further outside. "I... what?", he whispered breathlessly.

His eyes darted from George to the other merman and back. Tell me it's not true, his eyes were begging.

Filled with pain and guilt, George turned his eyes away.

Dream let out a shaky breath.

"Well, I'd love to leave you both to this drama, but I believe I've just found the missing prince", the shop owner guy ended the silence. "And as such, I'm obliged to ensure his safe return home."

Neither of the other two were listening, they were entirely focused on eachother.

"I'm sorry...", George mumbled.

"Were you ever gonna tell me?"

George looked up in surprise.

There was no anger or accusation in his voice, a little hurt maybe, but not as much pain as George had expected.

"...No."

Dream sighed. His eyes were filled with disappointment and suddenly, George regretted being happy that he wasn't angry, because this was so much worse.

"It's okay."

"What?"

"It's okay. I am disappointed, not gonna lie, but... I would've probably done the same. It's gonna take a while to digest, but... it's alright. We have bigger things to worry about now."

"Yeah, like getting to the castle", the other merman cut in.
"I've got a mission to fulfill!"