Chapter 38: Fail 2

I'm aware that this is shit, but I felt like writing it so good luck 😁

TW: Breathing problems, Cussing

*****************************

"Chris? What are you doing?"

Chris froze and turned around. In the light of his phone flashlight stood the leader of the scientist team, his boss, an elderly woman with grey-ish hair and a cyan jacket named Elizabeth. She always acted rude, but Chris knew this wasn't how she was actually like. She loved the animals and was also the one who had allowed him to buy a bigger tank even though it was only a week until the mermen would be taken away anyway.

"I-I'm... uh... just... checking on them... yeah..." The woman send him a look that definetly meant that she didn't believe him and walked over to glance into the pool.

"You've got to be kidding me...", she mumbled, barely able to hide her shock.

I guess this is how clownfish feel like in front of a very hungry shark..., Chris thought as the woman turned to face him with a murderous look in the eyes. "What the fuck did you do..." Her voice was dangerously quiet, her eyes dark. "I-I don't know, I... they were a-already gone, when I got here, I-I swear..."

His boss turned her phone flashlight on and started looking around the tank while mumbling things about never trusting employees, losing jobs and going to prison.

Suddenly, she froze and inhaled sharply. "Chris..." "Y-yes, ma'am?" The young man immediatly walked over to her and froze himself.

There, in the flashlights of the two phones laid the fishhumans. The blue one was desperatly gasping for oxygen while laying on the others lap. It looked like the green one was... crying?

When he looked up, his eyes immediatly caught Chris eyes. Please help him..., the eyes begged.