Chapter 47: Overthinking (?)

TW: Mentions of war?

*****************************

Dream was feeling numb. His first attempt to get a mermaid on his side had failed, and now George didn't only know his motives, he also wasn't talking to him anymore. And what if the rest of them was feeling the same way?

And the way he had worded it... He couldn't, because he didn't have enough power.

Bullshit.

Dream as Dream was also only a normal citizen. Once he put on the mask, he was just a siren in a crowd of sirens, with the same rights, privileges and problems like everyone else.
But still, he stood up for what he thought was right and founded a whole rebellious group. Sapnap, Technoblade and the others were also just citizens, and? It didn't make any difference.

He knew George could. Was he just afraid or was there something else behind it? Did he not want to help him? He did say he was happy with the way it was..., Dream thought.

Can't he see we're swimming right into a catastrophe? Or does he just not care?

And not only that Dream's entire plan felt like it just crashed or atleast got pretty damaged, he felt horrible about the fact that George wasn't talking to him anymore.

He missed hearing the sweet voice he had grown to adore so much, seeing the way George's eyes lit up when they were talking, the way he smiled about topics he was was interested in, the way he got exited about the smallest things...

Dream felt like he had lost him. He wasn't just interested in George for his mission, they were friends and the fact that George was ignoring him hurt way more than he would have expected.

He wanted to beg George to forgive him, to listen to him or to atleast acknowledge his existence again. But they weren't that close yet, plus George would never listen to him.

I'm overthinking it all again, aren't I?

What did he have to lose? George knew trying to get back home on his own could be really dangerous, and any possible reaction would probably be better than this.