Chapter 101: Soulmates

Dream had been waiting for George since shortly after sunset now. He knew they were supposed to meet at midnight, but Dream hadn't been exactly having a great time in the palace. Besides, every second with George was priceless now that they were back.

He had a lot time to think about his situation with George. He didn't care that much about the prince thing, they could work that out later and he had secretly always wished to have somebody to talk about with his royal problems. If George even still wanted to be his friend.

Of course, what Dream wanted was a relationship, but the longer he swam there in the dark tunnel, the more he realized how impossible that was.

Why did it have to be so complicated? He loved George and he was pretty sure George loved him back, so why couldn't they be together? Why were there so many obstacles in their way?

What if they were soulmates? He had heard about soulmates being destined to be together, but having to face many problems before achieving it. It was a stupid legend, but Dream liked the thought of everything ending with them being together, no matter how difficult it seemed.

Wow, that sounded like straight out of a romance novel, Dream thought. How cheesy.

Then again, he had never really thought love was anything for him. He had dated women like his father had requested him to, but never felt a connection. Not like with George.

He remembered how surprised he had been of his own thoughts when he first started imagining a future with the adorable merman. It was an act he had never thought he would ever do.

The concept of marriage was something he had been taught from his childhood on, but not in a way of love and affection, more like duty. That it was actually something two people did when they loved eachother very much was something his mother had taught him later.

But he wasn't even planning that far ahead with George, right now he was just praying the merman would stick around, even if they remained as friends it would feel like a win to Dream.