Chapter 42: Merville

Dream face revealed!!!!! *internal screaming* He's so gorgeous!

*****************************

It took the two a while to find a village, they were basically in the middle of nowhere. When some houses finally came into view, George stopped Dream immediatly. "Okay, how do we get close enough to see which species they are, but not be seen by them?"

Dream looked around and noticed a little hill above the village. "Lets see if thats close enough", he pointed towards it. George's brows furrowed skeptically. "I don't know, seems too far away." "Let's just go there anyway." Dream grabbed Georges wrists and pulled him towards the hill. "H-hey!", George yelled, angry and flustered. Dream just chuckled.

After they had arrived, they positioned themselves behind the hill where they wouldn't be spotted, only to find out that they were too far away.

But then George saw something not very far ahead. A sign saying: "Merventure: the number one place for families! Visit Merville's best fun park!"

"I know where we are...", George mumbled. "Oh yeah?" Dreams head shot up. "We're in Merville, thats a town in the northern east of the Mermaid country." "Oh", Dream said. "Well, looks like you're the one in favor then!"

"Yeah", George mumbled, pretending not to have heard the disappointment in his voice. He would be the one who had to disguise himself all the time now.

"Hey, how far do you think it is from here to home?", Dream asked. "I don't know, probably a few weeks." "A few weeks?!" George jumped in alarm at the sirens loud voice and covered Dreams mouth with his hands. "Be quiet, you're gonna get us noticed!"

It was silent around them for a moment except for the sound of the waves. Dreams face lit up in a broght red and it took George a moment to realize the feeling of his soft lips on his fingers. He immediatly took his hand back and the spell was broken. George shook his head, trying to calm his racing mind and focused on the town below them.

Huh, that's strange... There were only a few people on the streets, it looked deserted. And those who were there looked down, like something had happened. Dream seemed to have noticed as well.

George scoffed. "Did their major die or something?"

"No... I feel like here's something else going on... but what?"