Chapter 112: Rumors

TW: Mentions of war and trust issues, Skephalo?

*****************************

George had desperately been looking for a way to see Dream again, but for some reason, probably that his father knew about his plans, there always seemed to be knights around him, watching his every move. He couldn't even talk to Karl.

So he had decided to do what he had been dreading to do ever since his return. Find out what the situation was like.

He wasn't deaf enough to haven't overheard the fact that the merfolk was in a terrible military situation and people were afraid they'd lose, it was the number one conversation topic, but he didn't know anything specific.

So he decided to pay his older brother, Skeppy, a visit. Well, older... not mentally, atleast. George already feared the day he would actually become king, for the sake of the poor kingdom. But it wasn't his problem.

George took a deep breath before entering his brother's room, mentally preparing himself for whatever sight he would have to bear to see when he went inside. Then he entered.

But nothing could have prepared him for the sight he was about to witness. "What the fuck-"

Skeppy was lying on his sleeping nest with Bad on top of him, Bad's hand resting on his bare chest.

The cook's son immediatly blushed bright red and jumped off of Skeppy, hiding his face behind his hands. "It's not what it looks like, I swear! I just got blown over by some flow!", he screeched.

George slowly backed out of the room. "I'm sorry, if I'm interrupting something I should probably leave", he said in a teasing voice. "No, come back!", Bad whined, trying to make the situation less awkward and failing.

Skeppy had swam to the window, covering his mouth with his hand, an incredibly embarressing attempt at trying to pretend he didn't care about what was happening at all, George could see his ears glowing bright red from where he was swimming in the hallway. He giggled to himself.

"Well, I always knew there was something up with the two of you always together, Karl already told me there were rumors you were secretly dating", he grinned, enjoying being able to tease his older brother for once without being told off by his father or teacher.

"We're not dating", Bad yelled, still bright red. "Aw, but you enjoy the thought of it?"

A choking noise could be heard from where Skeppy was swimming at the window.