Chapter 78: Technoblade

Technoblade never dies!

TW: Mentions of Death and Racism, Cursing, Technoblade being Technoblade

*****************************

"Come with me." Sam grabbed Dream's arm and pulled him along. "We have to get to a safe room, now!"

After second of shock, Dream had regained control over his senses. He forcefully pulled his arm out of Sam's grip, his mind racing to find a good excuse. "M-my father", he finally stuttered, "he's still there!"

Sam cursed under his breath. "Alright. Down that corridor on your left is an artwork made out of human trash."

Dream nodded, he had known it for years now. His father had made a huge fuss out of it, because parts of it were from some gigantic ship with thousands of passengers that had sunken an eternity ago.

Apparently, arctic sirens had destroyed some airbags on the sides with their sharp teeth, causing the ship to sink, a very important moment in the history of the siren folk, because it had attracted so much attention and started so many discussuons the arctic siren tribe finally got siren citizen status after that, making them a part of the siren community as a whole.

"Take the third shimmering round metal thing on the left and throw it into the metal bowl with the holes with a lot of force. A strong flow will suck you into the ground, but don't worry, that's normal. We'll meet you there."

Dream nodded and Punz left. Now all he had to do was find his friends and that was easy, he just had to follow the faint sound of Technoblade's iconic "I choose blood!".

Just as he was about to reach his friends, a quiet humming stopped him. His necklace was glowing again. "The fuck-", he mumbled annoyedly. He didn't have time to worry about that now!

Choosing to simply ignore it, he hurried further down the corridor and took a left, only to almost be hit by a swordfish's sharp nose bone, Techno's favourite weapon. It flew past him and stabbed the wall instead.

Technoblade turned around, a wild, animalistic look in his eyes, the upper half of his face covered by a scary looking skull.

Dream held his breath, hoping his friend would recognize him. Unlike the other rebels, Techno had never asked or demanded to see his face, so how would he know who he was talking to?

Suddenly, Dream realized the swordfish bone was still stuck in the wall, just a finger's lenght away from his face. Following his instincts he pulled the weapon out of the wall, but didn't lift it.

"Technoblade", he said as calmly as he could muster.

"Ah, if it isn't the little royal bastard. I'm sorry if my appearance scared you, "your highness"", the masked merman with the pink tail replied mockingly. Dream looked down at the sword. Then back at his friend, who would probably come at him any second.

He lifted the sword...

...and dropped it.